cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One lying to me about the regular QuickSilver card?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Capital One lying to me about the regular QuickSilver card?

Ya that statement is hog wash from Cap1...  They don't follow their own guidlines for approval crtieria.  Alot of peple with 2k limits were getting 5k-15k limits and low scores and baddies etc...  Not for me at the moment, but if you want a big CL and have meh credit or better then the QS/Venture is for you.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I applied and was denied. Even called there EO and declined after a manual review. AAoA and longest account not old enough. Only denial reasons. Everything else was good. Well that's a wasted 3x pull. I think I will not apply and grow my credit for a year or longer or as you guys call it "garden" lol. Thanks for all the help though it was greatly appreciated. 

Message 22 of 29
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Bummer, particularly after all the encouragement provided here, by me as well! OTOH, QS seems less approvable than V1 AND Venture so, I'm not totally shocked.

No more pep rally encouragement from the sidelines BUT, IF IT WERE ME,I'd risk another possible triple pull and go for the Venture immediately

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 23 of 29
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied and was denied. Even called there EO and declined after a manual review. AAoA and longest account not old enough. Only denial reasons. Everything else was good. Well that's a wasted 3x pull. I think I will not apply and grow my credit for a year or longer or as you guys call it "garden" lol. Thanks for all the help though it was greatly appreciated. 

This is generally the part where I provide a 'moral-to-the-story' response but in this instance...

I'm gonna pass.

Message 24 of 29
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Well now I feel like a jerk for being such a heavy advocate for you to apply. Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 29
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Well now I feel like a jerk for being such a heavy advocate for you to apply. Smiley Sad

Uhhh...welcome to the jerk club!

Message 26 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well his oldest card is not even a year old yet. thats tough as scores are great. and 4 months AAoA. wow. but if he went for qs instead he would have gotten it. too bad. sorry op.

w

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its okay...I learned my lesson....I should have waited and built my history and then applied after at least 1-2 full yrs of history...you guys r awesome....I did not know what "utilization" or "credit inquiry" was 7 months ago...I have learned so so much from this forum and passed on the knowledge to my girlfriend...thanks again guys...
Message 28 of 29
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

It's a lesson for all of us that lenders have their idiosyncracies and no app is a "sure thing". Regretably, you suffered the consequences.

As for credit education, I won't divulge how long it took me but, as an example, 2 years ago I took FIFTEEN HPs while car shopping.....15 each CRA to find the best APR, which was 4.9!

Last week I took 2 car loans, 2 HPs, 1 Ex, 1 Eq for 1.99% & 2.24% because I learned here quickly what the credit game is all about

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.