Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Prequall Really a Prequal?

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Is Chase Prequall Really a Prequal?

I'm all set to pull the trigger. After getting reams of advice from this forum, I'm going into my Chase branch, where I have an account, to app for CSP and Freedom. Prior to my visit, I'm going to pay down my FU to its lowest level this year. My Util is 5%. First, I'm going to ask the service rep a number of questions about enhanced SUBs that aren't shown on my Offers page, single HPs and other topics. Of biggest concern to me, though is that my green check offers for CSP and Freedom come with sizable ranges of APRs, not fixed rates. (I also have an offer for Slate.) I don't care if the APRs I get are high, because I never pay interest. But, I DO care if this is an indication that I might be denied. Also, when I go to Chase's outside prequal engine and enter my info, I get no offers at all. Are these subtle messages that I should reconsider my apps? If worse comes to worst, I can give up the Freedom app and just go for CSP.

I await your wisdom.

EQ - 761 (1)

TU - 695 (1)

EX - 750 (6)

AAoA = 2 years, 10 months; Fed tax lien on TU, but no other baddies anywhere

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Is Chase Prequall Really a Prequal?

@kshurikawrote:

I'm all set to pull the trigger. After getting reams of advice from this forum, I'm going into my Chase branch, where I have an account, to app for CSP and Freedom. Prior to my visit, I'm going to pay down my FU to its lowest level this year. My Util is 5%. First, I'm going to ask the service rep a number of questions about enhanced SUBs that aren't shown on my Offers page, single HPs and other topics. Of biggest concern to me, though is that my green check offers for CSP and Freedom come with sizable ranges of APRs, not fixed rates. (I also have an offer for Slate.) I don't care if the APRs I get are high, because I never pay interest. But, I DO care if this is an indication that I might be denied. Also, when I go to Chase's outside prequal engine and enter my info, I get no offers at all. Are these subtle messages that I should reconsider my apps? If worse comes to worst, I can give up the Freedom app and just go for CSP.

I await your wisdom.

EQ - 761 (1)

TU - 695 (1)

EX - 750 (6)

AAoA = 2 years, 10 months; Fed tax lien on TU, but no other baddies anywhere

I've applied and been approved for the CSP with scores of 680 - 700ish with 4 deragatory accounts. I received the 30 day message, but a rep called me the next day to confirm my identity and approved me for 5K Visa Signature. You're profile crushes mine, so I think you are good to go for the CSP.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.