cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Southwest under 5/24 rule? + BoA multiple new approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase Southwest under 5/24 rule? + BoA multiple new approvals?

Another thread was discussing the amazon prime still not being under 5/24, and I was wondering about Southwest as well.

I just went on a mini-spree, getting BoA 3-2-1 and AMEX BCE.

I am heading into the garden in April, and there are three cards I want to add to my portfolio, The MLB Cash Rewards from BoA, Chase Southwest and Chase Amazon Prime.

I know adding them now would benefit me more since I can lump the inquiries I just took, and they can age together.

ALL of my accounts are from within the last 24 months, other than student loans.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chase Southwest under 5/24 rule? + BoA multiple new approvals?

Southwest both personal and business are.
Message 2 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats on getting in with Boa , what score did they pull for you ? Are you a customer of banking also ?
Message 3 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And Amazon Prime is not part of the 5/24 I have a friend who just apped last week but was denied for too many new accts and inquiries, they called to recon and the lady was very off putting and said with all the new accts and inquiries she had no chance of approval right now , she asked if it was 5/24 and was told no but they don't like to see that much going on in a short amount of time. She has no previous relationship with them
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Hey congrats on getting in with Boa , what score did they pull for you ? Are you a customer of banking also ?

Thanks! They pulled Experian and it was 659. No recent derogs, no collections, no judgements. Lates on student loans from 2012. %12 util. 4 year AAoA. 23 inquiries.

I am not a banking customer, however, this was one of the banks my mom burned when she stole my identity. I had to call to fix the online banking and move it to my own email/phone number/etc. They told me it hadn't been logged into since 2004 and they couldn't see any record of having any accounts attached to it. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
And Amazon Prime is not part of the 5/24 I have a friend who just apped last week but was denied for too many new accts and inquiries, they called to recon and the lady was very off putting and said with all the new accts and inquiries she had no chance of approval right now , she asked if it was 5/24 and was told no but they don't like to see that much going on in a short amount of time. She has no previous relationship with them

How recent were her new accounts/inquiries and how many?

I'm fine to wait since I have to wait for Southwest anyway, but I do have Prime and shop there a lot so it would be beneficial financially to have it.

Message 6 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I will ask her and get back to you
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.