Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There Any Point to This...?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Is There Any Point to This...?

Hello all...

Is there any point in applying for a CLI for my AmEx jetBlue card? Since it's not certain what will happen to this card once their partnership ends in December, should I just leave it alone and wait to see what happens or see if a CLI is available and hope it will transfer to whatever card AmEx may PC to? Thanks for your input, as always.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is There Any Point to This...?

Yes, I'd leave it alone if i were in your shoes.   See what happens first and then proceed with a CLI..

Message 2 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I'd leave it alone if i were in your shoes.   See what happens first and then proceed with a CLI..

Thank you for your response, Y.I.M. I'll wait and see how AmEx deals with any transition.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 6
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I agree with Y.I.M, I got an auto CLI on my Costco TE in April and haven't been able to ask for a CLI on my HHonors card due to that, I believe. I may be wrong, but I'm going with that.

Message 4 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I agree with Y.I.M, I got an auto CLI on my Costco TE in April and haven't been able to ask for a CLI on my HHonors card due to that, I believe. I may be wrong, but I'm going with that.

Amex auto CLIs do not change the 90/180 days rules. 90 days from a denied request or 180 days after an approved request. If you didn't request the CLI then your next elegibility will not change. Good luck.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go for it unless you have another Amex card you'd prefer to increase. It's June, so if you're approved, it would not effect your CLI come December. In other words, if in December you're not happy with whatever Amex does with the Costco card and you want to request a CLI on another Amex or a brand new Amex, you could. By not requesting a CLI now, you're giving up 6 months for absolutely nothing. I'd definitely go for it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.