Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is amazon visa under 5/24 ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon visa is under 5/24

Well yeah, but it should say "is Amazon" not "Amazon is". The second is a statement
Message 11 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

I just got ihg and Disney and have way more new cards than that rule implies so I can say that cobranded cards are not affected yet
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a Marriott without a problem. Heard a rumor.  Don't know if it's true unless someone has a statement from Chase.

Message 13 of 33
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

I got the Amazon Visa early this month and I had 12 new accounts under 2 years old.

I apped for all of them at one time in June of 2014, so they are still under the 2 year mark, so the cobranded ones definitely aren't effected from what I've seen.

Message 14 of 33
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figured it would reduce the clutter. Anyway, I seem to have a complete opposite experience. I applied for the Amazon Prime card about a week ago with the 7-10 message, and currently at 8/24. I called recon and the guy I was speaking to tried to reinitiate the application but told me after about 7 minutes of wait that I couldn't since I had more than 5 accounts opened recently. I considered it an anomaly and called again with the same exact outcome. Maybe I'm a special case, but it seems to me that I was denied due to 5/24.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figured it would reduce the clutter. Anyway, I seem to have a complete opposite experience. I applied for the Amazon Prime card about a week ago with the 7-10 message, and currently at 8/24. I called recon and the guy I was speaking to tried to reinitiate the application but told me after about 7 minutes of wait that I couldn't since I had more than 5 accounts opened recently. I considered it an anomaly and called again with the same exact outcome. Maybe I'm a special case, but it seems to me that I was denied due to 5/24.

A couple posts into this thread they said they were expanding to include cobranded cards under 5/24 rule. It hadn't happened as of 4/2016, but it did happen later, though I don't recall when.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mkhan1093 wrote:

A couple posts into this thread they said they were expanding to include cobranded cards under 5/24 rule. It hadn't happened as of 4/2016, but it did happen later, though I don't recall when.

most are, but some are still not - which AFAIK include the Amazon Prime visa. I am around 18/24 right now and was just approved online instantly for the Ritz a few weeks ago.

Message 17 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Is amazon visa under 5/24 ?

@juniornj23 wrote:

Since amazon visa is from chase i guess is under 5/24

No, it's definitely not under 5/24.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 18 of 33
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved yesterday and I believe I was at 6/24 at time of application.
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was well past the 5/24 rule when I applied and I was approved for it a few weeks ago, so for now at least that rule does not apply to the amazon visa.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.