Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon visa is under 5/24

Well yeah, but it should say "is Amazon" not "Amazon is". The second is a statement
03/09 EX- 701 TU- 716 EQ- 684 || 12 Mnth Inq EX- 3 TU- 1 EQ- 4
Last late Payment Feb '14(180 Days) || Oldest ACC- 4 Yrs
AAOA- 1.8 years || Total CL 84k || Goal: 700 across the board

Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just got ihg and Disney and have way more new cards than that rule implies so I can say that cobranded cards are not affected yet
Valued Contributor

Got a Marriott without a problem. Heard a rumor.  Don't know if it's true unless someone has a statement from Chase.

FICOS: EQ-812 TU-811 EX-818 Goal - 840-850 Across The Board
Total Credit Lines - 506K Gardening....
"I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny" Nelson Mandela
Frequent Contributor

I got the Amazon Visa early this month and I had 12 new accounts under 2 years old.

I apped for all of them at one time in June of 2014, so they are still under the 2 year mark, so the cobranded ones definitely aren't effected from what I've seen.

Valued Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figured it would reduce the clutter. Anyway, I seem to have a complete opposite experience. I applied for the Amazon Prime card about a week ago with the 7-10 message, and currently at 8/24. I called recon and the guy I was speaking to tried to reinitiate the application but told me after about 7 minutes of wait that I couldn't since I had more than 5 accounts opened recently. I considered it an anomaly and called again with the same exact outcome. Maybe I'm a special case, but it seems to me that I was denied due to 5/24.

Valued Contributor

mkhan1093 wrote:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figured it would reduce the clutter. Anyway, I seem to have a complete opposite experience. I applied for the Amazon Prime card about a week ago with the 7-10 message, and currently at 8/24. I called recon and the guy I was speaking to tried to reinitiate the application but told me after about 7 minutes of wait that I couldn't since I had more than 5 accounts opened recently. I considered it an anomaly and called again with the same exact outcome. Maybe I'm a special case, but it seems to me that I was denied due to 5/24.

A couple posts into this thread they said they were expanding to include cobranded cards under 5/24 rule. It hadn't happened as of 4/2016, but it did happen later, though I don't recall when.

EX08 659 EQ08 660 TU08 695 Starting: mid 300'sGoal: 700
Valued Contributor

lowkeyorca wrote:

mkhan1093 wrote:

A couple posts into this thread they said they were expanding to include cobranded cards under 5/24 rule. It hadn't happened as of 4/2016, but it did happen later, though I don't recall when.

most are, but some are still not - which AFAIK include the Amazon Prime visa. I am around 18/24 right now and was just approved online instantly for the Ritz a few weeks ago.

Senior Contributor

Re: Is amazon visa under 5/24 ?

juniornj23 wrote:

Since amazon visa is from chase i guess is under 5/24

No, it's definitely not under 5/24.

FICO8 EQ 782 TU 804 EX 787 FICO5 EQ 722 Total revolving 395000
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved yesterday and I believe I was at 6/24 at time of application.

Valued Member

I was well past the 5/24 rule when I applied and I was approved for it a few weeks ago, so for now at least that rule does not apply to the amazon visa.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.