Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is getting Amex BCE easy?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is getting Amex BCE easy?

Dont feel embarrased and humiliated because so and so has this and that and all you got was an Amex with $1200. If i looked at it like that i wouldnt even be on this board. I have a $500 Penfed Visa and $500 Navy Platinum card but i continue to read people getting 20 thousand plus limits even with scores below mine. CSR, hey im not in that leagueSmiley Wink. BUT, we have to understand every person is different and will be tegardless of income . Friend or no, hey at least you care about your credit which is awesome. In a couple of years your friends will be the envious one. Your friend getting 5k out of the gate from Disco.Not the norm, great job but especially with Discover, most of us have to work to get that one, good profile or not.

I too notice the greater influx of Amex approvals , nice to see, but remember so much more goes into why they approve someone than just the score. Stay the course, build your profile wisely and im sure when the time is right, youll be on top of the worldSmiley Wink
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your question...go ahead and give it a shot. Since you are a current card holder it won't be a hard pull especially if you are denied....Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 34
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You're actually doing better than hubby and I are doing with Amex. And we are twice your age and have a larger income to boot. Be proud of what you've accomplished. And to minimize jealousy, don't discuss finances other (than in general)with anyone but a SO or possibly your parents.
Message 33 of 34
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Very very sound advice rmduhon
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.