Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too soon to apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it too soon to apply?

I've had my capital one secured credit card 7 months this October. I have been extremely diligent and attentive to my credit score. I have 4 collections which 3 have fallen off leaving with 1. When I started off my score was 520 it is now 649. Capital one just increased my credit limit by $300.00. My main question since I don't want to hurt my credit score that I've worked so hard to get. Is it too soon to apply for cards that capital pre-qualifies me for? Such as quick silver master card with annual fee?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Is it too soon to apply?

I think 7 months is a good wait, but if I were you, I'd wait a little longer. Like a year. Then go for something else.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 8
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Capital One Pre-quals are pretty solid, I got their QS1 with AF with a score less than yours with a 3k SL, 5 mos post BK7, but YMMV. 

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I will take your advice and wait it our for the chase freedom or quick silver signature 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you I will take your advice and wait it our for the chase freedom or quick silver signature 

Patience always pays off.  If you don't mind me asking., what other cards do you have?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Patience always pays off.  If you don't mind me asking., what other cards do you have?

**I only have one credit card at this time and it's the capital one secured. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then don't apply to Citi yet.  If you can afford it, get another secure card.  BOA has good ones and they do graduate.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then don't apply to Citi yet.  If you can afford it, get another secure card.  BOA has good ones and they do graduate.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.