cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth applying for the Barclays Arrival WMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it worth applying for the Barclays Arrival WMC?

I have average/fair credit mostly due to a bankruptcy in 2011 that I've been rebuilding from. I was recently upgraded from my Barclays Rewards Platinum to the World Master Card with a corresponding CLI to 5.5k. I also have the Capital One Quicksilver One, CL 3.75k and a retail card w/Amazon that has my lowest CL $900. I was just able to refinance my car at a great rate and that's been my main credit goal for some time ... with that out of the way I'm starting to think about extending my credit portfolio in the next 4-6 months.

I've heard some great things about Barclays Arrival, however I've also heard it's really difficult to get approved for and I'm wondering if it will help my odds at all that I currently have a Barclay Rewards WMC?

I want to stop regularly using magnetic strip cards. Even with fraud protection I still need two hands to count how many times I've had my CapOne and Barclays replaced in this past year alone because of fraud. I don't understand why it's taking US companies so long to adopt chip+pin technology! Anyhow, the chip is the most appealing feature of the Arrival for me. If the Barclays is too much for my current credit, any suggestions for other chip+pin enabled cards I can look into?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it worth applying for the Barclays Arrival WMC?

you could call barclay's EO and ask if you could PC your rewards card into arrival plus card (that's the one you want, right? the one with a chip).

Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would pass until your scores are over 700.  The biggest reason to get this card is the generous sign up bonus, which you wouldn't get if you PC'd from another card.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

I would pass until your scores are over 700.  The biggest reason to get this card is the generous sign up bonus, which you wouldn't get if you PC'd from another card.

+1

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Sound advice ... I'm planning to wait 2-3 months anyhow since I just refinanced my car loan and I want to take it easy on INQs, not sure if I will be over 700 by then though. I'm around 680 now ...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you could call barclay's EO and ask if you could PC your rewards card into arrival plus card (that's the one you want, right? the one with a chip).

Yeah I'm interested in the Arrival because of the chip, also heard the signup bonus+benefits are pretty awesome. I'm not sure what EO or PC mean? Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I'm interested in the Arrival because of the chip, also heard the signup bonus+benefits are pretty awesome. I'm not sure what EO or PC mean? Smiley Embarassed

EO = Executive Office

PC = Product Change

Message 7 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

when i split the line from my rewards card to upromise, i got obtained every bonus upromise was offering

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

when i split the line from my rewards card to upromise, i got obtained every bonus upromise was offering

Typically, the terms you applied with apply even when the application needs a gentle shove to get approved.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.