cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to recon a walmart denial ?

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a way to recon a walmart denial ?

well i guess am just gonna have to wait and use the card until i hit a specific score

so for store cards like walmart or target whats the required score (typically) and to qualify for their Mastercards that u can use anywhere whats the required score ?

thanks

Message 11 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

For the MasterCard versions I would say anything over 700s to be safe but I have seen a lot of ppl with those scores still only get the store version with Target and Wal Mart. What are your scores and profile like , I may can point you in the right direction
Message 12 of 20
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

well i just started this whole credit journey i have zero history .. all i want is walmart, target and a discover card .. to my surprise discvoer approved me for discvoer it with a very decent credit line for someone who is starting from scratch (i was expecting a denial and an approval for the secured but i got lucky) and i will also do the whole self lender credit builder loan very soon .. but this walmart hit made me think about not applying for it again or target until i reach certain scores so that i avoid this whole denial situation so basically my profile for the coming period is a credit builder small loan and discvoer IT card. With hopes of getiing the retail cards that mentioned above and then maybe after that i will get another bank card and in a year or year and a half i should have a decent profile and score with responsible use and apply for an auto loan

regads

Message 13 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes I would just manage and sit on your cards you have for now and never let the balance go over 30 percent , but best to keep it even under 10 percent . Stick around here and you can learn tons and tons of stuff . So you are telling me you have no credit score as of now right ? If so then it will take 6 mths bf you can generate a score so just hold tight and see where your score takes you when it comes time . Also Discover is one of the only few lenders that seems to like thin files .
Message 14 of 20
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

so the credit builder loan is a good idea ?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any thing great about a Walmart card. APR is terrible unless you pif or on promo.  They now have rewards but many others offer better.  I have a Sams card and the only reason I use it if I am low on  cash and need a quick $50 cash out

Message 16 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Op, welcome to the. ForumsSmiley Happy

Congrats on getting an unsecured Discover card right off the bat. This is a card thst many of us with long credit histories have had difficulties in obtaining for reasons that can only be explained by the credit GodsSmiley Wink.

I believe if you share some more info on your current profile like your actual Fico score, hps, aaol, etc we can probably give more directed advice. With Synchrony Bank, they are not often known for being able to recon a denial. Unfortunately, in their world, computer is king. But dont dispair, once you are in, and as your score rises, they are one of the best at giving high credit limits.

I didnt get in on my first try with Walmart either. One of the first cards i tried to obtain once i tried reestablishing my credit after 8 years from a previous bk. When i got in....$150 , yup, a buck fittySmiley Wink. This was before i found myFico and the infamous Credit SolutionsSmiley Happy. However, after a few auto cli and time and rising Fico8, i have been able to go from $150 to 10k in under 2 years with the card. Mastercard versions are obtainable usually by higher fico or invite but im finding by the time one reaches the point they are invited to change, you probably will all ready have better cards to work with.

I would highly recommend trying to join some excellent credit unions like Navy or Penfed and through them obtain a cc or even a shared loan that helps establish history with them but also helps your credit. I may do this with Navy myself to establish more history. You are just begining your journey so enjoy it take it slow and pick wisely, many of us never got to do that the first time aroundSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes a credit builder loan or a secured loan is a great idea IF*** you have no other installment loan on your reports , as you need to have one reporting open to fully maximize your Fico score
Message 18 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would recommend Alliant , Navy fed or Pen fed for Credit unions
Message 19 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I don't have accts but with navy fed but from the wealth of knowledge I have learned on here from others who have joined the other 2 CUs they are great from what I hear
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.