Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCrew Cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCrew Cli

I requested a CLI via the phone. It was denied. I checked CCT and had a hard inquiry on EX. I thought request for increased were a soft pull!!?? I plan to pay the $90 balance before the due date and close it.

Has this happened to anyone?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCrew Cli

Although many Comenity CLIs are SP, there are more and more people reporting HP from them
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi breezy so sorry for the HP with no CLI, but when you called robo lady when she asked if you were requesting a specific cli amount did you answer yes & gave her a $ amount for the increase you were looking for? If so I think this is why people are getting hit with HPs...🤔
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I replied no to that question. I never give an amount just in case it's not approved.
I've requested numerous of cli and this is the first hp.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not cool on Comenity's part! I'm stumped as to why a HP & no CLI then something is definitely going on with them 🤔 I just requested a CLI May 2nd on my William Sonoma visa via robo lady & got a small $400 bump but no HP yet..crossing fingers
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Unfortunately, anytime one makes a equest for an increase, it can potentially result in a HP.  I was lucky enough when I started rebuilding that SPs were more the rule, than the exception.  There seems to be a recent trend where the expected has become the unexpected.  JCrew, for me, was one of the accounts that I could count on for monthly CLIs and no HP.  Although (knock on wood), I have not gotten an HP on them, I don't request increases so much anymore as I have more than I'll ever use with them.

I can understand your being upset at this turn of events, especially since you were not given an increase.  Also, with them, I have never requested an increase via robo lady; I've always logged in and out of the website when making a request. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaykay65 thank you. It was my first time requesting one on this card.
On other Comenity cards, I always get positive results from robo lady vs online.
Lesson learned
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

I have a couple of Comenity cards ( Talbots and Pottery Barn) that I can only get increases via the phone.  JCrew and Overstock have always been online.  Overstock is on the chopping block this summer because CLIs have dried up; I've gotten 2 in the last year.  Besides, Overstock kind of lost its shine for me when I can get the same stuff at Amazon. 

Message 8 of 14
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

I would like to share in your pain OP as I too have been HP'd with NO CLI. It's saddening, but life goes on.

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first CLI over the phone from J Crew was a hard pull.  The last two have not been.  Maybe if they have never pulled for you before and you ask for a CLI it is a hard pull.  Did they tell you why they declined your CLI?  Maybe if you had paid bill off it would have more success.   I always make sure I have statement cut and PIF before requesting CLI.     

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.