tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

THANKS A LOT everyone! I will call CSR right now and check. I am also give it a shot by applying for a revolving CC on Amex right now

Message 13 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

THANKS A LOT everyone! I will call CSR right now and check. I am also give it a shot by applying for a revolving CC on Amex right now

No NO No call when you get card ....you can app costco now if you like

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 56
flan
Regular Contributor

There's a tool on the amex webpage, called something like "will my charges be approved?". You can plug a number in, and see if it says yes or no. You can also all and ask, or if you're going to have a bunch of expenses (reimbursed business travel, etc) tell them. The number will depend on your spending history, your reported income, etc.
Message 15 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Why can't I call now? They can't revoke my approval... right lol ?

Message 16 of 56
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Also doesnt checking your spending ability often trigger an FR? Maybe i read wrong.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 17 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Congrats! Also doesnt checking your spending ability often trigger an FR? Maybe i read wrong.

Im sort of new..what is a FR?

Message 18 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Why can't I call now? They can't revoke my approval... right lol ?

When you call with new card they tend to think you maybe getting ready to make a large purchase and tell you the limit...all CSR don't like to expose the limit set Lol

And no they won't take back your approval....LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I have heard the same thing if you abuse it ...As long as you just don't do it constantly I hear its ok 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.