Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jareds

tag
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

Jareds

So last night i applied for the jareds card. i was approved for $4000. my question is the engagement ring i want to buy is more than what i was given in cl do you think they would increase it to alllow me to purchase it on the card?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Jareds

Yes. They will increase it. I was originally approved for $9k but needed $11k and they upped the limit. 

On a side not, it's ok to get a setting and the bands from Jared but don't buy a diamond from there. Buy it elsewhere or online. You will be amazed at how much more diamond you can get for the money elsewhere. 

Message 2 of 12
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and upcoming engagement!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

awesome thats great  im looking to propose next month so i wanted to have everything figured out. the only reason why i would buy everything from jared is because of the warranty that they have if you loose the diamond they will replace it for you for free as long as you got everything through them. where would you suggest to get the diamond from?

Message 4 of 12
diphendrix
Established Member

nice work!!! i am looking to also apply for a Jareds card for the same reason but im scared of the denial because of my score and BK Smiley Sad

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 5 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 12
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card & future proposal!... HE WENT TO JARED'S!

Sorry for Typos-iPhone 5S

Message 7 of 12
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

thank you all. i just hope they will increase me!!! ill keep my fingers crossed!!!

Message 8 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 12
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Start Here

This place will get you familiar with all things gems, diamonds and rings. I bought mine here. I am the most skeptical person I know, but buying the diamond online is one of the smartest things I did. There are so many pictures and tools you can use to make sure the diamond will sparkle and be great before receiving it. The HCA cut tool is great on that site I sent you. 

As far as their warranty it's ok. Anyone who gets an expensive wedding ring usually gets insurance. The insurance covers if that diamond falls out or anything. I use Jeweler's Mutual for my wife's ring that was appriased at $17k. We get the ring inspected and cleaned every 6 months and the prongs checked too. Any good jeweler will do this free of charge. Since I have bought and pieced everything, I have never beeen back to Jared's. I got the bridal set and had another jewelry store do the mounting and sodering of the bands. Jared;s is just horrible at that stuff. 

As far as the diamond I will give you a comparison of what I got online vs what Jared was offering for the same price of diamond. 

Jared- .74 carat round, good cut and polish H color and SI2 clarity. It had a naked eye visible carbon spot. This diamond was not acceptable.

Eternity by Yoni- 1.1 carat F color and VVS1 clarity. Ideal cut, polish and symmetry. This diamond sparkles and everyone has complimented on it. It has recently appraised for more than the purchase price too. I bought this on a Monday and it was certified FedEx'd and I received it in 2 days. 

Just do your research and you can get more bang for your buck by looking online and doing comparison shopping. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.