Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for Paypal Extras MC - had to call in for approval

tag
Nocturnal
Contributor

Just approved for Paypal Extras MC - had to call in for approval

I see that normally I should have a temp fund source within Paypal to start using it now but that does not show up in my Paypal account.  I'm assuming this is because I had to call in to get the approval.  I went through the online app, and came to a page that said call in for further approval.  I called in and was approved for $2500.00.  I'm not sure what cb they hit, I'm guessing TU.  I don't know my current TU score.  Is there anyway to get the temp card added to my Paypal account?  Has anyone gone through this?

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Just approved for Paypal Extras MC - had to call in for approval

normally, they let you have access to 50% of your cl as a temp cl until you get your card... but you really can't do much with that, except buy stuff on Paypal.

This is a GREAT card btw! pif the first two statements and see if you can get an AUTO CLI. The CLIs in general are AMAZING on this card!

Good luck ! :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I don't have experience with the paypal cards, just smartconnect. But congrats on your approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 14
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I also had to call in when I applied a couple weeks back.  I was approved for $2000 but when the card came it stated $3000 Smiley Happy .. Mine never showed up on my paypal account too, I activated the card Saturday and its still not showing up.  Apparently it takes four business days from activation for it to show up.

Message 4 of 14
Nocturnal
Contributor

Thanks guys.  I will keep the pif for the first two cycles!

Message 5 of 14
Nocturnal
Contributor

Well that's good to know!

Message 6 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Nocturnal wrote:

I see that normally I should have a temp fund source within Paypal to start using it now but that does not show up in my Paypal account.  I'm assuming this is because I had to call in to get the approval.  I went through the online app, and came to a page that said call in for further approval.  I called in and was approved for $2500.00.  I'm not sure what cb they hit, I'm guessing TU.  I don't know my current TU score.  Is there anyway to get the temp card added to my Paypal account?  Has anyone gone through this?

They use TU.  you should receive an email (tied to the PayPal account  welcoming you.  When you log in the temp credit you see will be your 'limit' until the card arrives in a week. 

You can also add your mobile numbeto once you set up your settings. 

Message 7 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

yw :-) It's a pretty good card to have!!  The APR is VERY HIGH though :-(

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 14
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yeah they gave me their highest apr of 23.99 stating that my credit score of 768 wasnt good enough for their best rate lol

Message 9 of 14
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

Yeah they gave me their highest apr of 23.99 stating that my credit score of 768 wasnt good enough for their best rate lol

LMAO!!  that is insane!!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.