Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed on home Friday - got the itch to APP and denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just closed on home Friday - got the itch to APP and denied

Hey guys and gals , I hit the rebuilding thread hard this past 9 months , have built my credit rather quickly , just closed on a 230 k home with VA financing on Friday , I wanted to app before my credit takes a dip , scores are sitting around 660's all bureaus , I apped for USAA which I am a member at , declined and Discover declined ! Any suggestions as I have 1 secured card reporting but need more any help would be great thanks for the read ! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Focused10
Established Contributor

Re: Just closed on home Friday - got the itch to APP and denied

What does the rest of your profile look like? Sounds like you may need some diversity (revolving credit, car, personal loan). 

You can try AMEX BCE or Everyday. I've seen some stories on here of approvals in that same range as you. Also, try Capital One. 

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 2 of 7
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

try cap 1, thats your best bet

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. do you qualify to join Navy?

2. I would check pre-qual offers for capital one and if you get one, apply.

3. check pre-qual for chase.com also... if you get one apply... if not don't.

Message 4 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the new home!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do qualify for Navy I had an account with them when I was in the USMC in 2001 I think the account is still active to my knowledge , I apped for Capital 1 , the online pop up said they needed more info blah blah , wait 7-10 days , hope thats a good start , I have little diversity , car loan paid off for house all debt gone , 1 open current student loan and a verizon , paid off tried PFD wrote letters to the CEO etc , wont budge .  Thank you for the insight hope cap  1 budges we shall see ! 

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do qualify for Navy I had an account with them when I was in the USMC in 2001 I think the account is still active to my knowledge , I apped for Capital 1 , the online pop up said they needed more info blah blah , wait 7-10 days , hope thats a good start , I have little diversity , car loan paid off for house all debt gone , 1 open current student loan and a verizon , paid off tried PFD wrote letters to the CEO etc , wont budge .  Thank you for the insight hope cap  1 budges we shall see ! 

CALL Navy ASAP and see if account is still active and apply for credit if so.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.