cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Penfed. A few questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just joined Penfed. A few questions.

mine says this:

TURNED DOWN 02/25/2017

SUFF OBLIGATED W/UNSEC INDEBTEDNESS
PRESENTLY HAVE MAX OPEN-END CREDIT

They called and left a voicemail to "see what we can do for you", but I am just going to wait for my 2 cards that had balances to report zero before trying again. I had 2 with a total of 5k reporting from charges in February, they are at zero now and I am only letting 1 card report $3 balance this month.

"max open-end credit" I am assuming means the max they will lend me? Odd because I make 15k a year more than I did when I got in with them last year and the CC has sat at 7k, PLOC at 15k since day 1...

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should call because I don't really know what kind of account I have. Is it a checking a saving? It shows as Regular Share. They would only let me deposit $100.

I really just wanted to get in and then garden for 6+ months or so and get my scores back up.

They said my score was 585 EQ. Before my spree last month I was 752 EX 687 TU 695 EQ. Like I said I closed 4 cards and balance transferred others. Guess I will just garden a while.

What is the survey allcredit?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I should call because I don't really know what kind of account I have. Is it a checking a saving? It shows as Regular Share. They would only let me deposit $100.

I really just wanted to get in and then garden for 6+ months or so and get my scores back up.

They said my score was 585 EQ. Before my spree last month I was 752 EX 687 TU 695 EQ. Like I said I closed 4 cards and balance transferred others. Guess I will just garden a while.

Regular Share is a savings account.

Message 13 of 18
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The 585 score they told you is probably their internal nexgen score, for what its worth. It doesn't hurt to call and discuss your financial situation and plans with someone at PenFed.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call for a recon but I doubt you will get it.  As stated above they use an internal score based on Equifax data.  Your score is way too low to get a card with them right now.  They gave me an internal score of 660 and denied me, my wife was approved at 677.   I would just garden for 6 months or so and then try again.  

Message 15 of 18
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

They typcially send out a survey via email "PenFed Values your opinion," that is what people use to attempt to recon (a rep will call you to discuss the status and whether there is anything they can do).

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks allcredit!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been a PenFed member since 1977, and having just recently gotten a used-car loan with them, I had been considering applying for a card as well, but then I read how they don't like app sprees and decided to try for Discover (and got it!) instead. I might try later this year or next year, though, depending how things go.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.