Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved what address should I use?

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Just moved what address should I use?

I just moved last week and put my change of address in to usps. I want to apply for a CC but I'm not sure what address to use? Does it matter? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Just moved what address should I use?

You'd want to use your current address as you don't want a card going to your old one, plus you don't live there anymore, be prepared though for some possible verification roadblocks but it may not even be an issue, different lenders have different security barriers.
Message 2 of 7
NC84
Regular Contributor

yeah thats what I was worried aboutSmiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 7
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

I moved 2 weeks ago today. A couple days before closing I went and changed my address for all of my accounts and thankfully, some of them immediately reported the change to the credit bureaus. So, when I applied, I was able to use my new address.

However, like you, I also set-up mail forwarding through USPS, and while it results in a somewhat delayed turnaround time it seems, its a good safety net. So if you use your old address, you'll eventually get your new card.

I'd apply with my new address, but there's a chance you'll have to go through verification.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently moved and apped with my old address. I was instantly approved and called the lender right away, told them I had just moved and had them send the new card to my new address. In the same phone call I updated my new address info with the lender. No issues whatsoever. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already moved then definitely new address.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed on a house and apped for two cards the same night. I used my old address because I knew that the new address wouldn't show on my credit report and may cause some problems. I had already put in a change of address with USPS. My citi card was forwarded to the new address. My Blispay card was not forwarded and I had to change my address in my online account and then ask them to send me another card.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.