Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers/ Comenity

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Kay Jewelers/ Comenity

Anyone tried the Prequal page on Kay Jewelers?  I have not done it, just noticed it.  It does require a full SSN, so I'm curious if it would be a HP or SP.  I'm rebuilding, so not planning to app.  Just wondering more than anything.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers/ Comenity

I did it for Jareds and it was a soft pull.

Message 2 of 13
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I did and was prequal with ex/eq on ice. I am not gonna apply at this moment. 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes did the prequal.  It states if prequalify then you have to do a full app.  Was prequalified and haven't seen any inq notifications, so looks to be a soft pull.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes did the prequal.  It states if prequalify then you have to do a full app.  Was prequalified and haven't seen any inq notifications, so looks to be a soft pull.

Yeah, the application will be a hard pull, only the prequalification is a soft pull.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the pre-approval for Kay and got the green light but I did not complete the full application. Was not given a set CL that I'd be approved for and can confirm it's a soft pull.

Edit: Jared is also a soft pull with no CL given
Message 6 of 13
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I saw the same on Jared. PreQualified but did not fill out the full app, as there was no set CL. It was a fill in the blank box to type the amount I was requesting to finance. Good to know it’s not a HP.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 7 of 13
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I did it 1500 line pulled eq 631 fico 08
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wife did the prequel, didn't provide potential sl. Submitted app, approved for $3k

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did so I went for it. Big mistake as they denied me. What a waste.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.