Kohl's CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's CLI

@tamaralig wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

I would say go for it, from experience it's a SP. If they deny it may be the late payment but it's 6 months old so if you've been on time since then you stand a good chance. Hit the button on the website, it's usually instant

Well to update... I was denied. Darn. I hope it was only a SP.

Dang it and I was rooting for you...Look at the letter they send it's usually the age of the account they may quote or possibly that late payment...You'll get it and once you do, you'll reach the max ceiling rather quickly.

I'll check the reason when I get the letter. I'm assuming it's the late payment as I've had the account open for 18 months stuck at $300 limit. This was my first try at a CLI.

Message 11 of 19
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I would go for it and see what happens.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the denial. Hoping it was SP. Then no harm, no foul

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Opinions please.

Just paid off $220 balance on my Kohl's card with a $300 CL. I want to ask for a CLI. Is it best to call in and talk to someone or hit the button from the website? Does it take time for them internally to see that I paid it off? For example i just payed it today should I wait a day or so to ask for CLI or am I good to go? Also I've carried a balance on this card for about 18 months, ever since I first opened the card, I accidentally had one late payent that didnt reach 30 days so not reported to bureaus but I got a late fee from Kohl's... will that factor into their decision? Thanks.

I'm curious op; did they inforce the rule about the higher apr, once you made a late payment? Or are you still at the normal apr? that 27.24% would really hurt

Message 14 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

I would say go for it, from experience it's a SP. If they deny it may be the late payment but it's 6 months old so if you've been on time since then you stand a good chance. Hit the button on the website, it's usually instant

Well to update... I was denied. Darn. I hope it was only a SP.

Sorry to hear it. Give it a little more time and try again. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Opinions please.

Just paid off $220 balance on my Kohl's card with a $300 CL. I want to ask for a CLI. Is it best to call in and talk to someone or hit the button from the website? Does it take time for them internally to see that I paid it off? For example i just payed it today should I wait a day or so to ask for CLI or am I good to go? Also I've carried a balance on this card for about 18 months, ever since I first opened the card, I accidentally had one late payent that didnt reach 30 days so not reported to bureaus but I got a late fee from Kohl's... will that factor into their decision? Thanks.

I'm curious op; did they inforce the rule about the higher apr, once you made a late payment? Or are you still at the normal apr? that 27.24% would really hurt

I'm still at the normal APR. No changes at all to my account besides a $35 late fee for being a few days late.

Message 16 of 19
Pway
Valued Contributor

Each lender has internal memory and scores on each account they issue.  Although it was not reported late, I amsure it is going to play into factor of your CLI.  I am noot sure if they follow the same guidelines as their regular products but with Capital One products if you are late, it is a cause for deinal when requesting a CLI.

Report back and let us know when you have done the CLI, whether it was approved or not.  If it was not what was the reasons stated on the letter?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

Each lender has internal memory and scores on each account they issue.  Although it was not reported late, I amsure it is going to play into factor of your CLI.  I am noot sure if they follow the same guidelines as their regular products but with Capital One products if you are late, it is a cause for deinal when requesting a CLI.

Report back and let us know when you have done the CLI, whether it was approved or not.  If it was not what was the reasons stated on the letter?

It was denied. I will update everyone with the reason when I get the letter.

Message 18 of 19
lsutigers
Contributor

Sorry for the denial.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.