Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CLI Declined again

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Kohls CLI Declined again

yawn.. figured I would try again since I did just get the $5k Capital One Venture and this is backed by Capital One and its been at $300 since I got it.... honestly don't use it and my mom does occasionally so I keep it open for her but being denied CLI everytime are getting on my last nerve... this guy actually "seemed" surprised that it didn't give me something!

and i feel like kohls just gives out cards to mostly bad credit customers so hes like trying to help me not feel bad the cli was denied and that how i use it just a little and pay is very good for my credit and blah blah... it was nice of him but I was like "if he only knew my credit!" LOL

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls CLI Declined again

I wouldnt worry about it at all. Just got an auto credit limit increase from 400 to 700 bucs lol. Dont bother with them at all

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

There is something with Kohls that a lot of people dont know and that is they retain the right to decide to open and CLI anyones cards, their partner (at this time is Cap-1) never makes the decision and only provides the financing.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card if you re trying to rebuild or have low credit!
Message 4 of 9
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

It's become the Target Red Card.

I had $1500 CL at Kohls when they were with Chase, but I closed it.

I def. wouldn't bother with them now.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

:-(
Message 6 of 9
Loques
Regular Contributor

Same story here...was stuck at $300 for almost 2 years when I had the card. I just gave up and closed it. Funny how I don't set foot in there since I don't have the card! Smiley Tongue

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 7 of 9
Solution42
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

yawn.. figured I would try again since I did just get the $5k Capital One Venture and this is backed by Capital One and its been at $300 since I got it.... honestly don't use it and my mom does occasionally so I keep it open for her but being denied CLI everytime are getting on my last nerve... this guy actually "seemed" surprised that it didn't give me something!

and i feel like kohls just gives out cards to mostly bad credit customers so hes like trying to help me not feel bad the cli was denied and that how i use it just a little and pay is very good for my credit and blah blah... it was nice of him but I was like "if he only knew my credit!" LOL

I can't believe they didn't give you the standard bump up to $700. I'm letting this one go on the one year mark.

EQ657
TU667
EX652
HomeDepot       Venture VS      Quicksilver WMC Quicksilver WMC Walmart         Discover IT     Victorias SecretKohls
Message 8 of 9
Rick636
Established Member

It took me 5 yrs to get to $1,000. It started out at 300 then after 2 yrs it went to 500 but could never get any higher until last month when I notice I got an CLI without asking. I guess having a Macy card help out.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.