Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOWES CREDIT CARD?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOWES CREDIT CARD?!

I am closing on my house soon and will need window treatments that will run around $4k. My credit is only fair so I'm wondering if it's even worth a hard inquiry applying for it only to get a small credit limit that Wont really help. My scores are 653/645/644. Help please😳
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: LOWES CREDIT CARD?!

Congrats on the home! I would say you may be ok getting approved for a Lowes card. They are backed by Synchrony and getting approved for their credit cards are fairly easy. I don't know if you will be approved for your preferred amount of $4000, but you can always try and calling credit solutions to get an increase. Lastly, I am sure you are aware that you should wait until you close and have keys in hand before applying for credit. Good Luck!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've has a Lowes card for several years. I originally wanted $1600 for windows but I was approved for $1200 and they wouldn't give me the extra $400 thats been a few years and now im up to $6200 most increases without asking. So if you pay right they will give you increases which is good.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you guys for the info! I've had a horrible time trying to get my scores up. The only baddies I have are 5 old medicals. I've never had charge offs or late payments on anything. My credit cards are paid down but my score simply will not go up!
Discover 1200cl ($5 balance)
Amex 1000cl ($20 balance)
Amex 2000cl (zero balance)
Capital one 850cl (zero balance)
Synchrony furniture card 1500cl (zero balance)
Ashley furniture card 4800cl with consigner (zero bal)

What else can I do to get the score to raise? I'm at a loss!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I think you can get the Lowe’s card. My scores are similar to yours and I got approved for it last month but they only gave me a $300 limit, so not sure if you’ll get approved for the amount you need right off the bat.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks you guys for the info! I've had a horrible time trying to get my scores up. The only baddies I have are 5 old medicals. I've never had charge offs or late payments on anything. My credit cards are paid down but my score simply will not go up!
Discover 1200cl ($5 balance)
Amex 1000cl ($20 balance)
Amex 2000cl (zero balance)
Capital one 850cl (zero balance)
Synchrony furniture card 1500cl (zero balance)
Ashley furniture card 4800cl with consigner (zero bal)

What else can I do to get the score to raise? I'm at a loss!

Try letting only 1 card report a balance, You have 2 cards reporting a balance right now.

When you apply for Lowe's, try doing it in store, you may get a higher limit.

Message 6 of 10
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Do you have an installment loan of any type on your report? (If not, search Alliant SSL)

How old are each of those cards?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have an installment loan. It's about 8 months old and all payments have been made on time. The oldest card I have is the cap one and that's 1.5 yrs. the others are 6 months or less. My credit is too new for sure. That's the long thing that I can think of that's keeping my score from going up. I'm also nervous about how low my scores will drop once the mortgage shows up😐
Message 8 of 10
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

That puts your AAoA at 8 months max. Based on my limited understanding, you should see a bump once you reach 1y AAoA with the 3+ accounts.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is from 2017 but just in case.. I invite you to this awesome group I joined in fb (your credit matters) I'm so thankful for all the help and great advise, in less than three months my score went up about 100 points and just got my discover credit card, it's educational and personal.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.