Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

Djgrolyos shame on you for being proactive and eliminating retail cards that you no longer need! Time for a trip to the "wood shed" ... Unreal! Then again it is WF. Used to have virtually everything with them and I packed up my old kit bag and found a door that went out and left never to look back! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 14
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

I agree that 'laughable' is an excellent way to describe that reason. Especially because on a couple of score models they list retail accounts as a reason hurting your score. So it's bad to not have them, and bad to have them? Oy.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 14
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Djgrolyos shame on you for being proactive and eliminating retail cards that you no longer need! Time for a trip to the "wood shed" ... Unreal! Then again it is WF. Used to have virtually everything with them and I packed up my old kit bag and found a door that went out and left never to look back! Smiley Wink

Same here! I got a Cash Wise right before the extent of their fraud became clear. Once it did, I took full advantage of the 15 months of no interest, got a $300 checking bonus, and then closed all my accouts down Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on not giving WF any of your swipes!

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol

Hahaha

Deez...Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case why not call in for a recon?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats insane. Sorry to hear this happened. Their loss.

Message 8 of 14
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

I'm confused. 

Frowned on by banks to have retail cards; denied by a bank for not having one..??

Can someone explain this?

Merrick Bank Visa $1500 | Citi BestBuy Visa $5300 | Chase Freedom $500 | Amex BCE $2000

FICO8:  EQ 12/17: 721  |  1/18: 706   || .  TU 12/17: 742  |  1/18: 744 .  ||   EX 12/17: 736  |   1/18: 720

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

E X A C T L Y !!!!!!!

WF is the pits

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.