cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

Contributor

Re: Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

Djgrolyos wrote:
Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

That's just ridiculous lol. 

If store cards hurt your credit in some score models, is it due to the lower limits usually with store cards? I have the Walmart MC I know the limits can get crazy high on that card so hopefully it helps me in any of my Wells future apps since they don't have a hard limit on the number of cards with them. They've treated me well so far.

{Cap1 Quicksilver: $750} {Discover It: $1.5k} {Amex BCE: 20k} {Wells Fargo Cash Wise: $6k} {Sam's Club Credit: $967} {Barclaycard Ring: $750} {Chase Slate: $7,500} {Wal-Mart MC: $7.9k} {Chase Amazon: $2k} {Target RedCard: $850} {AU on BofA card: $15k)
Message 11 of 13

Man Sad to hear that!  i got denied for cash wise because : im not US citizen.....

a friend of mine works at the chase (private client). He said that never saw a letter stating something like - straight discrimitization.

Anyways when it comes to depisit big ammounts into checking account they are fine...

I heard that they big problems with credit card lending, that is why they are trying to decline apps...

Djgrolyos wrote:
Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

Message 12 of 13
Valued Contributor

Store cards hurt the credit scores pulled by insurance companies. Apparently, people with store cards are more likely to make claims.

Message 13 of 13