Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Laughable Denial Reason-Wells Fargo

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

That's just ridiculous lol. 

If store cards hurt your credit in some score models, is it due to the lower limits usually with store cards? I have the Walmart MC I know the limits can get crazy high on that card so hopefully it helps me in any of my Wells future apps since they don't have a hard limit on the number of cards with them. They've treated me well so far.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man Sad to hear that!  i got denied for cash wise because : im not US citizen.....

a friend of mine works at the chase (private client). He said that never saw a letter stating something like - straight discrimitization.

Anyways when it comes to depisit big ammounts into checking account they are fine...

I heard that they big problems with credit card lending, that is why they are trying to decline apps...

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for the Cash Wise Visa for the $200 Spend Bonus. Fico 788-Pulled EX. Denied for one reason only:

No Retail Credit Card Reporting. (We look for how you are using your credit. We look for what types of credit you have)

Well. Sorry I closed my store cards last year. :/

Message 12 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Store cards hurt the credit scores pulled by insurance companies. Apparently, people with store cards are more likely to make claims.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was a card I really wanted bad I would call for recon, But I only applied for the free $200. That being said.... I still can’t believe I got denied with a 770-780 and 1% Utilization with great income... and for not having store cards. **bleep**? I closed them because my main cards actually get me more money back. Using those with Ebates I do pretty well for cash back. The store cards I had were going to get closed for not being used so I wanted them to say closed my me vs closed by grantor.

Oh well. Got Citi today and have been trying for years. Very happy on that. FUWF. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.