Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's start a barely made it in thread

tag
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Let's start a barely made it in thread

While I pleased to hear about ppl with great credit getting large limits and increase and they definitely deserve it and should be proud. I'd like to heard my stories of pplon the edge that just made it in there a thread about a person with scores around 560 I believe getting 7300 from Navy .are the anymore stories out there like this ?
thanks
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's start a barely made it in thread

I was at 585 TU FICO 08 when I got a cashRewards CC from Navy SL of $24K

Message 2 of 36
mrldp40
Established Contributor

That's amazing navy can do what others can't or wont.idk if I need that's much but I'd like 10k to work with .lol
Message 3 of 36
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's the crazy part about Navy fed approvals, they are just all over the map , I was in my 650 almost when I had to recon a denial and I am still sitting at my 500 SL 10 mths later
Message 4 of 36
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Well they have a custom score so our fico 08 may not matter much to them I was at 590 when I was approved for 1k
Message 5 of 36
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Please add info from other lenders y'all squeak into also I was just using nfcu as a example in the opening post but they seem to best the generous right now
Message 6 of 36
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I was barely approved for Cap One at 300 SL with 580s I think , and then Usaa 1k SL on 2 accts in one day with a little over 600 scores , I have been repairing my credit since Jan 2016 and have made leaps and bounds but I'm still very very new where revolving credit comes in as my oldest cc is only 1.5 years old now plus I had no used any credit for over 10 years so any old positive payment history had long fell away when I started so o was basically starting from scratch
Message 7 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Barely approved Penfed Promise $500, 663 Nextgen originally,

Barely approved Navy Platinum $500, 700+Fico ,

Income severely hampers one with the big 2 Credit Unions in my experience. You can have the lowest fico but still get something good if you have the income to back up your profile. No money to be made of Joe Smoe but Super Steven , oh yeahSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 36
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I totally agree with you AJC 🙁
Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for a capital one unsecured platinum MC with these data points (triple pull) at the time. I'd say that qualifies for the "barely made it" crowd.

EX 533
TU 554
EQ 542

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.