Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's start a barely made it in thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's start a barely made it in thread

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
I started actively rebuilding my credit in January 2016. I started my credit karma account and applied to cap1 getting the QS1 and Feb , the platinum; both at 500 and my scores were late 500's across the board with later, collections, and three judgements.

Be aware that Credit Karma is not a FICO score, it's a "FAKO" score.  It doesn't mean anything.

You can get your REAL FICO08 scores with the $1 trial at CCT (cancel in a week).

Message 21 of 36
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Barely approved for Amex Everyday in Feb 2017 with an Experian FICO 8 score in the 636-640 range. $500 limit, plenty of inquiries and baddies on report. 3rd statement just cut, looking forward to the 5th statement-due for an auto CLI by then if monthly payments are made on time within the first 5-6 statements.

Barely approved for Synch CCs in Nov 2016 with a 636-640 Transunion FICO 8 score: Walmart ($300), Amazon ($700), and Belk ($300). 2 months later, limits were increased to: Walmart ($3500), Amazon ($3500), and Belk ($5000). Scores inched up a little, but only by a few points within the 2 months.

I've been barely approved for all my cards, honestly, with the exception of NFCU.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for a 300 secured us bank card.

EQ 526
Tu 577
EX 590

Based on how hard I hear it is that was a squeeze. Originally got 7 to 10 day but was approved with out calling
Message 23 of 36
greent
Frequent Contributor

Well, that was the story of my life until i decided to take control and improve my score and change my habits. Back i 2015 I received a pre approval letter for a CC. That was the first time that had happened ever! I was always in the negative. I was sitting at a score of about 580. I applied and boom to my surprise I was approved for 750. Oh men I stil remember the day, I was at night and my family were all sleeping I was in shock in couldnt believe it. Back in 06 I had target cc SL 300 but it got charged off for exesive payments. LOL and a Sears that got closed in 2007 for the same reason. Im still rebuilding but now at 712 TU fico.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel I'm a member of the barely making it club. I sit in the 690's. Not moving. Rebuilder from the catastrophe that was 2014.

I've somehow attained and maintain a relationship with companies I never thought I'd be able to Foster a business relationship with.

I have a pif collection due to delete in 2021 on TU and EX from US Bank CC. 60 day auto late pay all 3. This year I might clear 700 on EQ. Fingers crossed.

2021 is gonna be AWESOME.

I keep an Excel file on my cards. I'm constantly learning how to manage my portfolio and point accruals.

I've been keeping a low profile. Y'all call it gardening. I'm just the credit devil. Scores in 690's and majority of limits at $6k. Ha. 6 is my credit number.

Pretty boring, but I surf and just read numerous sites on credit and finance in my spare time. Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea 2020 is going to be awesome for me!!!!

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My barely made it CC is the AMEX ED... my scores at the time was in the 690's.. maybe 3 student loan negs.... I've attempted a couple of 3X but all denied. The score is up and the CR is squeaky clean. I'll sock drawer it until next year.  My next lowest was the Promise from Penfed. Nexgen was i think 740 with maybe 5 negs. My $1000 SL wouldnt budge on recon. I decided since they were hell bent against it, i'd wait 1 year. That report is also now squeaky clean.

Message 27 of 36
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:
While I pleased to hear about ppl with great credit getting large limits and increase and they definitely deserve it and should be proud. I'd like to heard my stories of pplon the edge that just made it in there a thread about a person with scores around 560 I believe getting 7300 from Navy .are the anymore stories out there like this ?
thanks

With an EX score over 700, I only got a $500 limit on my Amex ED, and a $1K limit on my Amex BCE. Never had Amex before, and have tons of cards with other lenders with much higher limits. Utilization and inquiries were very low at the time I apped, so really have no idea what they don't like about me. 

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barely approved for Chase Amazon Visa Signature for $500 w/687 Bankcard score and a young BK. I had to call cuz I had some 'splaining to do.😀
Message 29 of 36
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I was barely approved for all of my cards. Back in 2014 I  was approved for a Cap 1 Secured which lead a year later to:

$500 Cap1 QS1

$500 Cap 1 Plat

$100 Macy's (called verified ID and it went to $600)

$100 American Eagle

$300 Fully Secured BOA

$250 VS

$250  Abercrombie

$250  Old Navy

Yes...ths was an awful App Spree

Shorlly thereafter -

$300 Banana Republic - which was just reduced to $200

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.