Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's start a barely made it in thread

tag
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Re: Let's start a barely made it in thread

My barely made it, really no clue how I made it story was my Chase Freedom all 3 of my scores were 620s and one 630. I got approved for $4500. I almost fell out of my chair lol!  My scores had taken a major hit earlier in the year when I got divorced and was removed from my husbands accounts as AU, I also racked up 95% Uti from moving to a new state and had a ton of inquiries from property management companies while I looked for a rental in my new state. The lowest they had dipped was 600 so I was coming back up from all of that mess. 

It was a tough year all around between the divorce, the move and having to completely start over. I was almost 20k in debt when I got approved for the Freedom from buying furniture and household items, paying for movers and car transport. I managed to pay everything off and a year out from my divorce managed to get my scores up to the 700s to purchase my very own house in my name alone. I have much better credit now and many good cards but that Chase Freedom will always have a special place in my heart because they gave me a chance when I was at a low point credit wise. I believe they opened the doors to my Amex, BoA and other cards.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the beginning of my credit journey, about a year and a half ago, I "barely made it in" with a $300 SL on a CAP 1 Platinum MasterCard.

Fast forward to a week ago and I "barely made it in" with a $10K SL on a CSR. But considering 10K is the lowest limit they'll give for the CSR I think it definitely belongs in this thread!
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 6500 limit from NFCU at 580 FICO. Got 500 limits from Cap 1 and Lend Up with 520 FICO. Also got declined from Discover Secured at that score.
Message 33 of 36
thummel
Established Contributor

My barely made it was my first card in 2013. Applied for a few cards and they were all declined because of no credit score. One of my last applications was the platinum and it was instantly declined. About a month later had a shiny new platinum card with a 500 limit. Never called or got an email about it. Weird way to start a credit history.
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a Freedom Unlimited with 0 history and a $500 SL, had banker call in. Subsequently apped for a Journey with 2 months history and a $300 SL with instant approval.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started building back up in January after some medical bill and student loan baddies sent my scores plummeting.  Anyway after rebuilding to the mid 600s I got:

AMEX Delta Gold (I figured this one was possible based on a bunch of research here) @ $1000 SL

Discover IT @ $1800 SL

Citi DoubleCash @ $3900

I also got CAP1 to CLI one of my Platinum cards by a few hundred and upgrade me to the QuickSilverOne.

With my more recent, slightly higher scores, I applied for a Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature got that @ $5000 SL.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.