Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a prestigious credit card

tag
recruiter89
Established Member

Re: Looking for a prestigious credit card

I just look at that card as a bottom of the barrell card. I don't see any reason to apply and it to me is a rebuild your credit card or not a hot card to hold. I look at Discover the same way, not that it is a bottom barrell card but that it has no prestige factor to it at all. Pulling out a Discover at a Business dinner is laughable. 

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 71 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recruiter89 wrote:

I just look at that card as a bottom of the barrell card. I don't see any reason to apply and it to me is a rebuild your credit card or not a hot card to hold. I look at Discover the same way, not that it is a bottom barrell card but that it has no prestige factor to it at all. Pulling out a Discover at a Business dinner is laughable. 

Not the Discover Premium Plus.

Message 72 of 95
recruiter89
Established Member

never heard of that card. Tell me more. How does one acquire that card?

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 73 of 95
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@recruiter89 wrote:

never heard of that card. Tell me more. How does one acquire that card?

You have to be pre-selected or invited for it based on your current Discover annual spending profile.  Cannot direct app or request it.

Message 74 of 95
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@recruiter89 wrote:

Depends on the audience.  I've never had such snobbery (or laughable expereince as you mention) when using it for a business/client meeting.

Message 75 of 95
recruiter89
Established Member

on the line with Discover now and they discontinued that card back in 2012. They only have one card the IT card. This was due to lack of interest I guess

Message 76 of 95
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@recruiter89 wrote:

on the line with Discover now and they discontinued that card back in 2012. They only have one card the IT card. This was due to lack of interest I guess

It's still offered (assumably not as advertised).  A colleage of mine got it last year.  Annual spend of $50K.  They have, however, discontinued their MIles card.

Message 77 of 95
recruiter89
Established Member

I just spoke to a credit analyst and this card is no longer offered to anyone. They have a miles card and the IT card and they dicontinued this one and the business cards. The only black card you can get through them now is if you request the color change.

Message 78 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recruiter89 wrote:

I just spoke to a credit analyst and this card is no longer offered to anyone. They have a miles card and the IT card and they dicontinued this one and the business cards. The only black card you can get through them now is if you request the color change.

Their reps are grossly misinformed about the existence of the card.

Message 79 of 95
recruiter89
Established Member

okay, I would think someone would know. I even looked it up on Google and last posts regarding this card go back to 2011-2012

Nothing new about this card

Message 80 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.