Looking for data points on the Southwest RR Premier/Plus cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for data points on the Southwest RR Premier/Plus cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping to get some info on this card while I decide whether or not to apply for it. I have searched the forums quite a bit and there is almost no information on these cards anywhere! Seems like it's a blind spot here for whatever reason. I got a mailer for both the Premier and the Plus card--- I would likely go with the plus for the additional 3,000 yearly bonus points and the 0% foreign transaction fees.

I understand that the CSP is a better card that offers similar rewards which are useful for Southwest, but I am a current CSP cardholder and exhausted my bonus long ago. The 50,000 RR points bonus for the Southwest card is extremely attractive to me--- roundtrip flights occasionally cost me less than 15,000 points, so I could get great value out of this card.

I'm curious about starting limits, customer service, etc. Any data points anyone can provide would be very helpful! I am trying to decide whether it is worth it to come out of the garden for this bonus or not. 

Current profile: last two cards opened up were in January and March of 2015, so the 5/24 isn't an issue. TU is 763 and EXP is 773. 

Here my advise, If you live close to SW hub or flight SW, that is the card to get. here my advice.

1- If you decided to apply, apply for both cards at the same time (Premier and Plus), Bonus is 50K each.

2- SW provide a very valuable feature, the companion pass that you get after fly 0ver 100 times or send to SW airline 110K points (See why i would apply for both ??), after that any person designated as your companion will fly for the remains of the year plus the next, here is how: you'll get the 110K poitns in April 2017, well your companion will fly for free since April/May to Dec 2017 and the whole 2018 and yes for free, also you can change your companion 3 times means you can fly your friend then your brother and then you girl/wife or any other person you choose.

"I understand that the CSP is a better card that offers similar rewards which are useful for Southwest,"

I really don't know the similar rewards you are referring to but for dining out the CSP is great, after you spent your bonus is useless (in my opinion).

I have family in a small town in Texas and SW is the only airline that has direct fly from my city (737-800 with WIFI), for any other airline i have to fly to 2 hours Dallas/Houston wait 2 hours and take another plane for another hour to get there, with SW is 1 hour and 45 mins.

I love SW and i have nothing bad to say about then, i have my CP and my DW fly for free, luggages is free (Up to two per person), you can cancel 30 minutes before the fly and you get your money back (less than 24 hours you get credit), i never had any problem so i got nothing bad to tell.

Hope you the best.

I didn't see this response until today, and I followed your advice and app'd for both! The CP is such an incredible value I can't believe it is real. Thank you for the great advice!

Well done, that is great, congratulations !!!

Here another advice for you lol, if you can, try to get the bonus ASAP so you can use the CP this year and the next one. Also Chase is Chase but if you use and pay the card as they like that card will grow, i started with 5K on Sept 2015 and now i have 30K.

Question, i dont see any of them in your CC signature so, do you have AMEX SPG or Chase Marriott ?, there is another way to get the CP if you have any of these cards but as i said before, if you can spend 4K (2K each) in 3 months by the summer you will have your CP.

Good luck and have fun with that cards Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.