Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Chase may have a 30 day application max afterall

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Looks like Chase may have a 30 day application max afterall

So here's my unexpected and quickly developed love affair with Chase:   EDITED 10/1/15

I got approved for my Chase CSP about February 2014.  I Consolidated my Southwest card into CSP for a total line of 10k.  Chase has refused to increase limit after multiple tries.  Back in July 2015 after reading all the stories about Chase cobranded cards, I started a mini app spree as follows:

7/24/15  Chase Hyatt.  App went pending and called next business day for verification.  Approved 24k

7/26/15  Chase IHG.  App went pending and called straight to UW.  Denied too many new accounts + just approved for Hyatt at 24k. Used same 7/24/15 HP

8/19/15 Chase Marriott. App went pending, decided not to call.  Approved Marriott ($6,600) showed up in my Chase online account access.  New HP

8/23/15 Chase United.  App went pending, decided not to call.  After a few days, Approved United ($8,000) showed up in my Chase online account access.  New HP

9/1/15 Chase IHG.  App went pending, decided not to call.  The next day Approved IHG ($8,000) showed up in my Chase online account access.  Used same HP from 8/23/15..

9/4/15 Chase Fairmont.  App went pending (two week notice). Within one hour went to 7-10 day notice.  Called csr for CSP (not UW) and app denied.  No new HP.  Called UW this morning and told them I only wanted to know the denial reason and that I wasn't asking for recon.  I was told that since August 19, 2015 I submitted 4 Chase applications and they approved 3 of them.  Chase would like to see how I handle the 3 cards that I was just approved for.  Interesting enough, there was no mention of the Hyatt.  I assume that this was because it was outside that 30 day window.  Based on my experience, I would say that I've had good luck with not calling.

9/22/15 Chase Fairmont.  App went pending and received two week notice.  Next day showed up in online account access.  New HP.

10/1/15 British Airways.  App went pending and received two week notice.  Card showed up in online account access today.  Used 9/22/15 HP.

10/4/15 Chase Disney.  App went pending and received two week notice.  Then application status line stated that "the system is unable to access my records".  No new HP.  Continued like this for eternity.  Customer service kept saying I needed to speak to Lending when I called after Lending was closed.

10/8/15 Chase Southwest.  App went pending two weeks notice.  Application status line still stated that "the system is unable to access my records".  Customer continued to say I needed to contact Lending.  I tried to cancel both applications but customer service said they couldn't because they couldn't access the applications.

10/9/15 I finally decided to call Lending with the plan to cancel applications.  Lending came on the phone and the guy sounded really nice so I said let me see where this goes.  He said I see you have two applications.  Let me go in process both and I'll be right back with you.  He comes back and said I was able to approve you for the Disney visa at $5,000.  They system just needed to update some information on this account.  Then he said the Southwest required a manual review (I knew where this was going).  After a few minutes hold he comes back and says unfortunately he was unable to get it approved due to the amount of inquiries in last four months (what happened to 6 or 12 months), the number of new accounts opened in the last 12 months, six new Chase cards opened in the last two months.  I said ok.  Then I had to ask was the Disney still approved.  He laughed and said yes.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 143
142 REPLIES 142
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looks like Chase may have a 30 day application max afterall

Great job.

I now feel its better not to call recon, it sometimes works automatically. The first ever time i did not call was for the fairmont and got a package on the mail with all the beautiful stuff. Had to call chase to show it up in the online account.

U know something else that i noticed of the fairmont card, i didnt have to activate the card. It was already activated when i received it. Curious if thatz how u also got the card.. i feel thts dangerous for them if it lands in the wrong hands.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 2 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:
Great job.

I now feel its better not to call recon, it sometimes works automatically. The first ever time i did not call was for the fairmont and got a package on the mail with all the beautiful stuff. Had to call chase to show it up in the online account.

U know something else that i noticed of the fairmont card, i didnt have to activate the card. It was already activated when i received it. Curious if thatz how u also got the card.. i feel thts dangerous for them if it lands in the wrong hands.

I don't know.  I was denied the Fairmont card.  Might try that one again next month after 30 days if I get brave and Chase doesn't catch on to what appears to be a glitch in their systems.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 143
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Lol you are trying to milk chase alot these last few daysSmiley Happy.. Did you get hit with a HP for the Fairmont denial?  How you doing all these min spends at the same time or not meeting them all?

Message 4 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CC,

I didn't get hit with another HP for the Fairmont card so no harm, no foul. As far as the minimum spend (hopefully not a violation of board rules), I meet this by paying bills of close family that I trust. It's like a loan so I don't see how this would be a violation but a mod can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CC,

Yes milk chase for all I can get, which they've said enough for right now. Hopefully I can get that Fairmont next month. I really want southwest but the had it in the past 24 months so I can't get the bonus again.
___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 143
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:
@Anonymous,

I didn't get hit with another HP for the Fairmont card so no harm, no foul. As far as the minimum spend (hopefully not a violation of board rules), I meet this by paying bills of close family that I trust. It's like a loan so I don't see how this would be a violation but a mod can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

not a violation as alot of people do this or add parents / family they trust as AU's and hand them the card as well.. You are safe on the rules.  Long as those family members pay you back with cashSmiley Happy..  Granted they are losing out on rewards, you should share with them lol

Message 7 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@12njoy wrote:
@Anonymous,

not a violation as alot of people do this or add parents / family they trust as AU's and hand them the card as well.. You are safe on the rules.  Long as those family members pay you back with cashSmiley Happy..  Granted they are losing out on rewards, you should share with them lol

Share my rewards?  Lol lol.   I can't do that.   They're getting the benefit of a least a 25 day grace period interest free without having to apply and being denied.  It's a  win/win for everyone 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 143
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would probably lay off the Chase apps for awhile. You are probably pressing your luck at this point. As an aside, I don't get why people write "Chase CSP"...isn't that saying "Chase Chase Sapphire Preferred?" lol

Message 9 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I would probably lay off the Chase apps for awhile. You are probably pressing your luck at this point. As an aside, I don't get why people write "Chase CSP"...isn't that saying "Chase Chase Sapphire Preferred?" lol

I'm going for the Fairmont visa next month.   As far as the chase CSP it may be because not everyone knows what just "csp" is. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.