Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Chase may have a 30 day application max afterall

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Looks like Chase may have a 30 day application max afterall

I apped 3x within 30 days for Chase. Approved for 2 cards, the 3rd being the Hyatt - got a 7-10 days message. Think Chase limited me to 2 cards within 1 month. Bummer! 

Message 121 of 143
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to thank @12njoy, as I found this thread extremely helpful! 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 122 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

@Anonymous wanted to thank @12njoy, as I found this thread extremely helpful! 

Thank you.  Appreciate the shout out.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 123 of 143
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Does Chase still approved 3 cards within 1 month? I am sure a few here have gotten approvals. I am looking to recon a Hyatt card that was declined for Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us. Any insight is appreciated. 

Message 124 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Does Chase still approved 3 cards within 1 month? I am sure a few here have gotten approvals. I am looking to recon a Hyatt card that was declined for Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us. Any insight is appreciated. 

sorry to hear.  Was this a result of you calling UW and then they denied you or did you wait it out and then got denied?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 125 of 143
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

sorry to hear.  Was this a result of you calling UW and then they denied you or did you wait it out and then got denied?

I got trigger happy and apped 3x within 10 days. I have a Freedom from 2008, and a closed csp 2012.

1st was United approved 11/6

2nd southwest 2 weeks message then approved 11/9

3rd Hyatt 7-10 days declined 11/14 for Too many requests for credit or opened accounts. I was thinking should of wait 30 days after my last app with Chase to app for the Hyatt. 

I have 30 days to recon from the 11/15 as stated in the letter. ??? 

Message 126 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

I got trigger happy and apped 3x within 10 days. I have a Freedom from 2008, and a closed csp 2012.

1st was United approved 11/6

2nd southwest 2 weeks message then approved 11/9

3rd Hyatt 7-10 days declined 11/14 for Too many requests for credit or opened accounts. I was thinking should of wait 30 days after my last app with Chase to app for the Hyatt. 

I have 30 days to recon from the 11/15 as stated in the letter. ??? 

Yes, you can recon within the 30 days.  So did you call on the Hyatt or they just denied you?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 127 of 143
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I just waited it out...I guess I'll wait til next month and recon and wait for my apps to cleared out of their system.

Will it be another HP if I recon? 

When I pulled my reports....Chase pulled EX/EQ for my 1st approval. On the 2nd approval they pulled EX again. On the Hyatt declined they SP EQ only. 

Message 128 of 143
12njoy
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

I just waited it out...I guess I'll wait til next month and recon and wait for my apps to cleared out of their system.

When I pulled my reports....Chase pulled EX/EQ for my 1st approval. On the 2nd approval they pulled EX again. On the Hyatt declined they SP EQ only. 

Most likely would be another HP if you recon.  They won't tell you that.  They'll simply say let them review the application.  Come back and more than likely deny you again with another HP. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 129 of 143
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Most likely would be another HP if you recon.  They won't tell you that.  They'll simply say let them review the application.  Come back and more than likely deny you again with another HP. 

In that case, I will wait til dec 31st to get that csp and the 50k. All my apps should clear out of the system by then. It was a computer auto declined I believe. They don't like me apping 3 within 30 days. Just like citi, after I got their 1st card, I waited 8 days to get that AA 50k and it was auto declined. They didn't even bother pulling my reports. I heard that you have to wait 60 days between apps now but ymmv I supposed. 

Message 130 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.