cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks that I am on the way for my very first denial ??

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Looks that I am on the way for my very first denial ??

As many of you know that I would really love that US Bank Cash+ card but unfortunately I am not in their footprint and cannot stop by a branch.  So after getting offers "pre-qualified" for the Perks+ Visa Signature I did a  bit of thinking and decided to accept this offer with the plan to later PC to Cash+.  From experiences here many have managed to PC other cards to Cash+. So fast forward I entered the offer code into the US Bank site and instead of the 60 seconds got the 7-10 day review with "we will notifiy you by mail" ... I guess this will be my very first denial from a CCC Smiley Sad  

Wonder who they will pull ... TU?  So far no alert received.

Should not have been getting week for the detour to Cash+...lesson learnt!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looks that I am on the way for my very first denial ??

Yes they will pull tu. Good luck!

Message 2 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I wouldn't sound the bell of doom so fast.  US Bank is known to do manual reviews. 

How are  your ARS/Innovis reports?

Message 3 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I do not have much hope as the screen said 60 seconds (with the offer code) and it turned out to be the following answer:

• U.S. Bank Perks+ Visa Signature® Card

Your application may be subject to further verification. You will be receiving additional information in the mail in 7-10 business days. Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank.

Anyway this is not the card I want but figured it might be easier to get my Cash+ later on... ha ha... it shows we should never app for cards that we do not really want just to reach the dream card. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I do not have much hope as the screen said 60 seconds (with the offer code) and it turned out to be the following answer:

• U.S. Bank Perks+ Visa Signature® Card

Your application may be subject to further verification. You will be receiving additional information in the mail in 7-10 business days. Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank.

Anyway this is not the card I want but figured it might be easier to get my Cash+ later on... ha ha... it shows we should never app for cards that we do not really want just to reach the dream card. Smiley Happy

US Bank can be quirky but I don't think you have anything to worry about for this app. 

Message 5 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I wouldn't sound the bell of doom so fast.  US Bank is known to do manual reviews. 

not so much on it and I was hesitating to freeze them then decided to play "fair" and let the lenders pull whatever they want. Other than Discover and Cap1 nobody ever pulled these ....oh I forgot on ARS I have a US bank comment "unable to reach customer possible fraudulent app"..... oh this could be the big NO for US Bank without freezing ARS?  I never applied for a US bank card and this comment is 4 years old and looks that ARS never deletes any old info even if not accurate. So if this is a denial it will be game over for these smaller data collectors like Innovis, ARS and IDA and I will put a freeze on them.

Lexie hope you are right it is just manual review - thanks for getting my hopes up Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

not so much on it and I was hesitating to freeze them then decided to play "fair" and let the lenders pull whatever they want. Other than Discover and Cap1 nobody ever pulled these ....oh I forgot on ARS I have a US bank comment "unable to reach customer possible fraudulent app"..... oh this could be the big NO for US Bank without freezing ARS?  I never applied for a US bank card and this comment is 4 years old and looks that ARS never deletes any old info even if not accurate. So if this is a denial it will be game over for these smaller data collectors like Innovis, ARS and IDA and I will put a freeze on them.

Lexie hope you are right it is just manual review - thanks for getting my hopes up Smiley Happy

Typically, for in-branch applications the process can either be instant or within 24 hours (depending on the review) but online it may take them a bit longer.  Hopefully your outcome turns out positive!

Message 7 of 37
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I don't know....I haven't heard of anyone getting an instant approval with US BANK and their 7-10 is standard, but at least it's not an outright decline, so you still may be in luck!!!    Also, I'd be curious myself to check my own ARS/Innovis reports, but I guess they're cool...since US Bank was my first approval back into primetime in 2011, regardless off the card itself only being the regular Cash Rewards for $3500 and it's still has the same limit now as it did then.  Then in 2013 they sent me a pre-qualified for the Cash+ for $6000 and just recently they solicited me for an increase to $10k, just last month!!

Hey, my Toyota Rewards Visa (11/2014) still has some US Bank Affliliation and that may have had something to do with my new CLI.  Anyways, that's probably a different topic neither here, nor there.

Let us know how it's goes and Good Luck!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 8 of 37
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Actually...from looking at your stats: FICO® EQ 791 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Wow, you should get this card with no problem!!  Good Luck!@

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I wouldn't have given those jokers the chance to report, period. 

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.