Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Credit Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes Credit Card Approval

Thanks.  I only have access to my Fico score for Experian through my AMEX card which is a 711, but my Transunion score is 767 and Equifax is 720.

In response to the other comment, while doing the CLI over the phone and online are convenient, I've never had a CLI denial in the store.

Message 11 of 18
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Its not a hard card to get necessarily, even though Synch has been weird over the past year or so.

However, the 664 is a low score if hoping for a decent starting limit. Once you get up over TU 700 limits start to improve drastically, and I think 720 is when my Lowes was able to really hit its full potential.

Unfortunately, you might be facing a denial. If you get approved, and the limit isn't to your liking, you can use the card sparing for the first 90 days or so and then reach out to credit solutions for a CLI.

Hope it works out and if you get it, you can use it. As others said, its usually better to get a card you'll use at least periodically than to just get a card.

It has been a fantastic asset for us as new homeowners...the special financing got us a great HVAC system for much less than we could have anywhere else. 3.99% APR for 60 months if I remember correctly.

Good luck!!

Message 12 of 18
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I only have access to my Fico score for Experian through my AMEX card which is a 711, but my Transunion score is 767 and Equifax is 720.

In response to the other comment, while doing the CLI over the phone and online are convenient, I've never had a CLI denial in the store.

Would you recommend app'ing in store over online as well? My scores aren't strong enough right now but thinking about it in July.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you recommend app'ing in store over online as well? My scores aren't strong enough right now but thinking about it in July.

One way to be certain you're likely to get pre-approved/approved if you're worried your credit scores are too low is to get an estimate on material at the store.  Being in flooring, I would suggest you ask a flooring associate to give you a printout estimate of hardwood (most expensive hard surface).  Since most things are connected to your phone number, when the estimate is saved, if your credit profile under your phone number is strong enough, it will generate a pre-approval option - offering a line of credit.  

I know it seems confusing but without actually taking a hard pull on your credit, this works 99% of the time.  I never got the pre-approval through our system the time I received the notification in the mail.  However, when I was prompted in the store, it was a guaranteed approval.  Hope that helps...

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this but was not offered a pre-approval. I asked about financing options and was told that I would have to fill out a credit app. Maybe the sales lady didn't know? I don't want to take a chance on a hard inquiry and not have the account opened. Suggestions???
Message 15 of 18
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I was kind of looking for the same thing, hence the response to my comment above. I ended up just cold app'ing for it the 10th of May. Was approved but only for $1k, immediately called recon and got to $12k. As soon as I got my card I activated and used it 1 time for a $40 purchase and got the $30 off and then paid the $10 off. I smashed the luv button as soon as it showed up on 6/11 and got another $5k. I went from $1k approval to $17k a month later.

TU8: 710

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious....what was your FICO when you applied? I'm at 648 and am concerned about hard inquiry without an account being opened. However, I found out the bank offering the credit is Synchrony and I just opened a furniture account with them for $3500. So maybe I have a good chance of being approved???
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did this but was not offered a pre-approval. I asked about financing options and was told that I would have to fill out a credit app. Maybe the sales lady didn't know? I don't want to take a chance on a hard inquiry and not have the account opened. Suggestions???

Without the system prompting the credit line, the only other way is to apply.  I had one customer about three weeks ago not get the prompt but when she applied she was approved for $5k.  I then mentioned to her that with Synchrony, you can request as high as $25k (from what I was told from them) and if you don't get approved then they would counter with an offer.  She requested the $25k and it was approved.  I guess it really depends on how strong your credit profile is when applying.  Good Luck!!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.