cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Synchrony - app in but what to do next? (UPDATED)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes Synchrony - app in but what to do next? (UPDATED)

So thought I had done enough research with reading the CPDB and such so went to my Lowes store and appd for the card.  I was under the impression they always pulled TU, not so much it seems.  They tried to pull EX which I have frozen and the store gave me a printout saying I was declined and would get a letter in 7-10 days, standard response.

So I hit up the recon line and sure enough that is where I learned they attempted the EX pull and was declined.  The CSR said it is always random.  SO I figured if it was truly "random" I'd try again from home and see if it hits TU this time (most of my IQ's are on EX) and this time I got a "I will receive a decision in 7-10 days or if my email is valid it may be 3-4 days".  This response also gave me an application number.

Now I am logged in directly with TU and there is no HP so I am guessing they either tried EX again or EQ (both are frozen) BUT this time there was no denial message.  I also wondered if it set off an alarm app'ing twice within less than 2 hours of each?

What is the best next step here folks?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE

Called in a few minutes ago about the application.  Once we went through the standard information my phone buzzed me that an email had just came in and sure enough it was an alert from TU that a lender just pulled my credit.  A few minutes later I was approved for $5,000.

So apparently in store it is EX but online TU (which is odd to me).  I did not remove the freeze on EX so I am confident it was not pulled.

Thank you everyone for the help and as always something to learn from this for the future.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Lowes Synchrony - app in but what to do next?

In store they pull EX IME. I know... a little late on that. Question, why do folks App with CBs frozen? You never know what CB they may pull, so it's better to thaw them all before applying for anything. It could save a lot of unnecessary hoop jumping.
Their system is probably hung on the one EX pull. Call them and have them to pull it again, if you want the card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

In store they pull EX IME. I know... a little late on that. Question, why do folks App with CBs frozen? You never know what CB they may pull, so it's better to thaw them all before applying for anything. It could save a lot of unnecessary hoop jumping.
Their system is probably hung on the one EX pull. Call them and have them to pull it again, if you want the card.

Why do folks app with CB's frozen?  For me here I was hoping since I saw such a long list of TU pulls that I might get lucky and have them pull it where I only have (2) IQ's.

I'll unfreeze EX tomorrow morning and reach out to Synchrony then.  I do want the card so I will do so.

Message 3 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Why do folks app with CB's frozen?  For me here I was hoping since I saw such a long list of TU pulls that I might get lucky and have them pull it where I only have (2) IQ's.

I'll unfreeze EX tomorrow morning and reach out to Synchrony then.  I do want the card so I will do so.

Yeah, if it we're done online, chances are it would have been TU. I've only had one EX pull from Synchrony bank and that was in store. The other four were all TU.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yeah, if it we're done online, chances are it would have been TU. I've only had one EX pull from Synchrony bank and that was in store. The other four were all TU.

Actually let me better clarify.  The first app was in store.  The SECOND app I sent in was online from my house with the slightly different outcome (NOT a denial but the 7-10 days decision message).  The response in the store was denial, the response for the 2nd app at home was different.  I did verify there has NOT been a HP on my TU file.

Message 5 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Actually let me better clarify.  The first app was in store.  The SECOND app I sent in was online from my house with the slightly different outcome (NOT a denial but the 7-10 days decision message).  The response in the store was denial, the response for the 2nd app at home was different.  I did verify there has NOT been a HP on my TU file.

What service are you using to monitor TU? Sometimes with some services it takes a day or two for a new HP to show up.

I'd call them today and see where you're at. They may just want to verify ID because their first attempt to pull your EX report failed. Or it could be they still had your first app as pending and tried to pull EX again even though you app'd online. If so you could ask them to pull TU.

Message 6 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

My best guess is they're still trying to use the initial EX pull that bounced. The system probably doesn't allow a 2nd hard pull on the same application.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t receive a HP on any CRA when I got my lowes card. At the time, I had the Marvel, so pretty sure that had something to do with it. 

Message 8 of 10
peghede
Valued Contributor

for some reason lots of apps they hp tu and they wanna pull one more to (hp or soft) same time.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those wondering about my monitoring of TU I do this directly on transunion.com with a login/account I have.

Going to call them this morning because I just checked TU and no new HP.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.