cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest Score Acceptable to get Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest Score Acceptable to get Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited?

I have a friend wanting to app for it.

Profile:

AAOA: 2 Months
3 open cards right now, one with 90% UT ($450/$500)
She got her first card about 6 months ago, she officially has a FICO score as of this month we just checked.

FICO score is 625.

I know the obvious, she could easily increase her score by 30+ points by just paying down the card with high UT, but in the meantime do you think 625 is sufficient for the FU?

Her current cards are:
Discover ($450/$500) 6 months
Victoria's Secret 1 month
Forever 21 1 month
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Re: Lowest Score Acceptable to get Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited?

Doubt it. But check on creditcard database to see what people's score range from that have been approved or denied.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 2 of 44
mrldp40
Established Contributor

50/50 at 660 imho
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 3 of 44
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a friend wanting to app for it.

Profile:

AAOA: 2 Months
3 open cards right now, one with 90% UT ($450/$500)
She got her first card about 6 months ago, she officially has a FICO score as of this month we just checked.

FICO score is 625.

I know the obvious, she could easily increase her score by 30+ points by just paying down the card with high UT, but in the meantime do you think 625 is sufficient for the FU?

Her current cards are:
Discover ($450/$500) 6 months
Victoria's Secret 1 month
Forever 21 1 month

Scores are only one part of it. They're going to see the maxed out Discover card and say no. 

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the FU is newer there's only like 4 reports for that card on the database I've checked.

Do you think the lending criteria for Freedom Vs. Freedom Unlimited is different? If so which one would have lower standards.

Also, maxing a $500 limit card isn't hard... Smiley Sad

I'd die if my limits were only $500.
Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extremely slim chances of approval.  On top of the maxed out utilization on that one card, AAoA of 2 months is about as good as having no history at all, something Chase doesn't like.

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS - Even for cards like Freedom??

I thought those were for people just starting out. My fiancée got one at 18 with almost no history $500 SL and 24% Apr. Not the best, but she got in without a recon or anything, which is why I'm asking this.
Message 7 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom is not easy, at least not in my experience.  I applied in April with 720 EX and decent income, I only had 1 CC reporting at the time, a 2.5 yr old Costco Amex/Citi but I do have a mortgage with 14 yrs of perfect payment record.  I had 1 open collection for $50 (copay) that I didn't even know existed until I signed up to CK to check my score for the first time ever in March, I immediately negotiated a payment for removal with the collection agency but it was still on my report at the time when I applied.  I was instantly approved with the same profile by BCE and QS for 10k each but Freedom only gave me 1k and a ridiculous APR, I was barely approved after security verification.  3 days after I applied, the collection came off my EX and it jumped to 825, I called recon and offered another inquiry for new terms but they wouldn't entertain, I ended up closing that account before activation and reapplied a month and a half later, and even with an 800+ score and a clean record though a little thin, they gave me 7k and a middling APR.  When I pulled the trigger a month later for both Amex Simply Cash and Ink Cash, Amex gave me a 20k instant approval and Chase made me jump through hours and hours of recon spread through 2 weeks before begrudgingly approving me for 5k even though my business record is beefier and cleaner than my personal.

Chase by far has been the most difficult to obtain in my short experience with credit,

Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old man - That's because Chase Freedom is designed for people new to credit. Most apps are from 18-24 year olds typical stating limits $500-2.5k with high apr. That's Chase's bread and butter! Smiley Wink

Someone with your profile they don't see any reason to do anything for you on the Freedom they think why isn't this person applying for CSP or a cobranded card? It doesn't make sense. Honestly with your profile after closing it I don't see any rational reason you would reapply a month later for the Freedom card.

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I feel young again! Smiley Happy 

My goal, besides beefing up my profile, was to assemble a group of cards to take ove my debit card resonsibilities while maximizing cash back, Freedom fits bill.  

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.