Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE NAVY FEDERAL LUV

tag
Blu3
Valued Member

MORE NAVY FEDERAL LUV

I have been reading these forums lately, especially all the ones about NFCU. I am active duty Air Force so I decided to join. I was going to wait until my first DD went through, but i couldnt resist so I said what the heck and just pulled the trigger. I applied for the Platinum Visa got the 3-5 day message then got the 1 day message. Then the next day I  was approved for 11k at 8.99%. I wasnt going to apply for anything else for another six months which was going to be a car loan, but my trigger finger was getting itchy. So I went for the Cash Rewards Visa and got the same two messages. My approval status hasnt been updated yet on the internet, but I just got off the phone with them and they said I was approved for another 11k at 10.65%. My trigger finger has since cooled down since I no longer need any more products at the moment. Now its time to hit the garden for the next six months. BTW they pulled TU for both membership and my cc application. Dont know if they pulled anything for my second application, because I havent check my credit report since then. My TU is a 742 and my EQ is a 710.

| NFCU Platinum Visa 14K | NFCU NavCheck 13.5K | AMEX BCE 9.6K |
| USAA Rewards Visa 7K | USAA Cash Rewards Visa 7K | Discover it 1.5K|

NOV 2013 TU -739 EQ - 709 EX - 739
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: MORE NAVY FEDERAL LUV

Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on both your approvals! NFCU is great and you will find the CLI's extremely generous. Since you mentioned you were done for awhile, I like to invite you to join our Garden Club. Lol

Also, thank you for your service!
Message 2 of 8
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@Blu3 wrote:

I have been reading these forums lately, especially all the ones about NFCU. I am active duty Air Force so I decided to join. I was going to wait until my first DD went through, but i couldnt resist so I said what the heck and just pulled the trigger. I applied for the Platinum Visa got the 3-5 day message then got the 1 day message. Then the next day I  was approved for 11k at 8.99%. I wasnt going to apply for anything else for another six months which was going to be a car loan, but my trigger finger was getting itchy. So I went for the Cash Rewards Visa and got the same two messages. My approval status hasnt been updated yet on the internet, but I just got off the phone with them and they said I was approved for another 11k at 10.65%. My trigger finger has since cooled down since I no longer need any more products at the moment. Now its time to hit the garden for the next six months. BTW they pulled TU for both membership and my cc application. Dont know if they pulled anything for my second application, because I havent check my credit report since then. My TU is a 742 and my EQ is a 710.

Fantastic! Congrats and welcome to the NFCU club!

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Blu3 wrote:

Welcome to the forums!!!

CONGRATS on those nice approvals!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, and from one Soldier to another, thank you!!
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 5 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats !!!

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 8
blunderer
Established Contributor

Blu3 - Congratulations on your approvals with NFCU. 

Also, thank you, for your service.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.