Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's 2 week message?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's 2 week message?

Hello all-

My DH just applied for a Macy's card as he is rebuilding his credit (640  Fico) and we shop there regularly. Ok, he received a decision that said the application needed more time to process and they would let him know in 2 weeks. That was the exact wording. Has anyone else ever got that message? They pulled his Ex and we got the alert immediately. Is this just a fancy decline? If he calls in, what is a good number to do so? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's 2 week message?

Ok he called and the CSR told him it only declined due to income was too low.... $40,000? Too low..:.???? He has been declined for a lot of things before but not that. He tried to recon and they just told him once declined in the system there was nothing they can do.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, reconned one more time with a much more helpful CSR and she also said income was too low. Alrighty, he updated his income with her just in case there was an error... he is at 5% utilization as we always make it a point to never go over 10%. Turns out he got another hard pull (they never said they would have to pull his credit again) for that and was still declined. I pulled his CR and all is well on there, no surprises. So now 2 hard pulls and no card later... just super bummed .
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just awful Rebeezy so sorry Macy's double pulled DH & to top it off was still declined! I think they should have let him know about them pulling his CR a second time though, that's just not right!
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats absolutely insane , income too low. I could only wish i made 40kSmiley Wink. There has to be something else they dont like because if i got approved with my income, he should have no problems. Crazy what these companies will throw out and stick to for denialsSmiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! Your support does help. It still stings a bit because of the whole 2 HP and nothing -for -it- thing. I know thems the breaks when rolling the dice on the credit game. Garden time for me and Hubby.
Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Like AJC, I'm shocked. This makes absolutely no sense. Was it for the Macy's store card or the AmX? I make less than your DH and I started out with $1K on the store card and had it increased an additional 600 in the store (furniture purchase). Then 5-6 mos later got an auto CLI for $400 and then a month ago I called and asked for a $3K CLI and was approved. I am wondering if it's more DTI ratio even though they said income to low. Also really look over his 3 CRs with a fine-tooth comb and make sure nothing is askew. It just doesn't make sense. I would call again and ask more questions, especially since they did 2 HPs. So sorry.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.