Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Amex

In the old system, you upgrade didn't just automatically show up.  You had to add it to your access once you got the physical card.   So be patient.   Sounds like your AMEX is on the way.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 18
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

just curious have the Amex showed up yet or any news since it's been a few days? would you please keep us posted on status?
Good Luck !!!!!

Message 12 of 18
Jd2683
New Contributor

Well I got someone in credit who said they saw a decline, but they said that what was declined was a store card, and it was declined because I already have a store card. They stated they couldn't see an Amex application. So who knows what's happening. Lol. I guess it's just a wait until I see the letter thing.
Message 13 of 18
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I was told earlier this evening by a Macy's store associate that it's best to call the number on the back of your Macy's store card if you want the AMEX b/c if you try to apply at the store the application will get thrown out or declined b/c it will think you're app-ing for the store card.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Hoarder, the rep had to have been inaccurate. I think....because when you go into the store to apply, it gives you the option to select store version or AMEX version. I too was approved. But no sign of the account anywhere either!! I saved my tenmporary shopping pass just in case. Macy's manager said they're all messed up from the merger. Let's hope & keep our fingers crosses as I am playing the waiting game!! JD keep us posted and I'll do the same!!
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

JD, you another thing I noticed is that if you look at your receipt for whatever it is you purchased in the store with your temp shopping pass, it states right on the temp pass "new account." Trying to hold out for hope😅
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking in to help others for future reference. So I have been contacting Macys daily because of this issue
Turns out that they said I applied for another store card for Macy's even though I explained for almost an hour and what seem like an eternity that I applied for an American Express Amex card. Finally after I insisted that they give me contact info for their executive office so I could complain, they informed me they would remove the credit report inquiry from Experian. Yay! But now what????.... How do I apply for the amex card since the instore deal didn't work? The Macy's employess say it needs to be done on the phone. The reps on the phone say go in store. So **bleep**??😭
Message 17 of 18
CBetc
Contributor

FTR, I'm basically in the same boat. Applied 3 weeks ago in person (since that's the only way they say you can do it) for an Amex. Was apparently approved on the spot for a $4K credit line, and received a temporary shopping pass. The next day I went on line and asked for a CLI on my existing Macy's card, which was bumped up to $10K. Although the site does have an "activate your new Amex" link, I've not received it yet and there's no evidence anywhere else of it being present.

I received two Hard Inquiries, one for the in-store app and one a few days later, apparently for the CLI :/ (was hoping they'd use the same).

Anyway, I guess it's wait-and-see at this point.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.