Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

Hedgeclipper2......yes, I callled today and was told your account needs to be atleast six months old to considered for a cli.
Slowly building....
Message 61 of 89
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Folks are you requesting CLI's on Macys AMEX or regular Store card?

I have a store card, is it going to be a soft pull or hard?

Message 62 of 89
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Folks are you requesting CLI's on Macys AMEX or regular Store card?

I have a store card, is it going to be a soft pull or hard?

Mine is a store card...they said they'd pull my credit but I don't see so much as a soft pull.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 63 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 out 3 say hard but it isn't... if someone is unclear how to process its been known for a HP to happen but I feel it's kind of rare.... way back in like 2007-2009 they would remove HP if it happened because it wasn't suppose to.

Further more I can tell you I request the increase on Amex account a couple weeks ago and I got notice that it was based on a credit report and it gives the report and score but it was taken back before the new year because the credit reports are frozen now. they are like Amex, they get an update 1 a month and when you come along and request the computer uses that report already in system.

Message 64 of 89
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Any special numbers you are using to call a supervisor?  I just got declined for the AMEX with a 740.  I hear they use Experian.  I want to discuss a recon with a credit person that will actually look at the report versus putting a score in a box and saying no!

Message 65 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dwhanc00 wrote:

Any special numbers you are using to call a supervisor?  I just got declined for the AMEX with a 740.  I hear they use Experian.  I want to discuss a recon with a credit person that will actually look at the report versus putting a score in a box and saying no!

You have the store card currently and you asked to upgrade to the Amex?

How long have you had the store card?

What is your "Guideline on the store card?

Where did you get the 740 score from? them on denial letter?

Message 66 of 89
jrodzmc09
Contributor

I just gave MACY's a call to see about getting me a CLI from my $700 I have now. Been a cardholder since 2005 and all I got was placed on hold for 15 minutes and then was told I would receive a call within 72 hours! What kind of customer service is that? I'm really hoping they don't plan on hitting me with a HP wether they raise me or not.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 67 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

I just gave MACY's a call to see about getting me a CLI from my $700 I have now. Been a cardholder since 2005 and all I got was placed on hold for 15 minutes and then was told I would receive a call within 72 hours! What kind of customer service is that? I'm really hoping they don't plan on hitting me with a HP wether they raise me or not.

Have you tried doing it online? I keep forgetting rather that's for Store Card ONLY or Amex side of store card if you have both!

But I have been on hold long time but never been told to call back or wait that long!

Message 68 of 89
jrodzmc09
Contributor

The online CLI is for MACYS AMEX only. Figured I just call and since I've been a loyal member since 2005 it wouldn't hurt to up me some since with a SP. We'll see what happens in the 72 hour window. Ill keep you guys posted on this weird situation.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 69 of 89
learnin113
Established Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

The online CLI is for MACYS AMEX only. Figured I just call and since I've been a loyal member since 2005 it wouldn't hurt to up me some since with a SP. We'll see what happens in the 72 hour window. Ill keep you guys posted on this weird situation.

try inline chat it was a SP for me and a 1K bump.

Message 70 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.