Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

UGH, here we go, I had applied for the CLI on Amex yesterday today they are telling me it's going to be hard... I said no Soft only... I thought I had supervisor and I asked for credit and now she is saying she is credit and she is trying to use the law to tell me that HARD is REQUIRED by law when customer asks for CLI.  She is talking to me like I am so stupid which is frustrating, we have talked about "In the past how things worked before law" talked about special events accounts which she is telling me wrong info, and wrong info on amex and keeps repeating herself and the law... I could scream

I'm like check, I just had increase like 4 months ago, NO PULL... she is like yes that is your store... NO I have not asked for my store to be increased in 3 years because it's $10,700!

How can you be manager or in credit and not know the banks policies and the credit law!!

Message 31 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in on my store card.  My CL was $4,000 last year when they let you know what it was, and it is now given as $4,000 through their automated call-in system.

My last two CLI's (last year) were hard pulls.  I was told if I requested one today, it would be a hard pull.  He checked with a supervisor twice.  He then told me that was absolutely the only way they could do it.  Sigh.  At some point I might be willing to do that.  A hard pull for a CLI is not a deal buster.  But I'm not in the mood.

Congrats to CS on a great CLI with a soft pull.  Hope many others are able to do the same.  Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 89
CS800
Super Contributor

Ok friends, I just refreshed my Experian and no HP from Macys. My last HP was Chase that I was approved on saturday.

The HP appear right away so it's safe to say the credit manager was right it was a soft. I'm relieved.

Message 33 of 89
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

UGH, here we go, I had applied for the CLI on Amex yesterday today they are telling me it's going to be hard... I said no Soft only... I thought I had supervisor and I asked for credit and now she is saying she is credit and she is trying to use the law to tell me that HARD is REQUIRED by law when customer asks for CLI.  She is talking to me like I am so stupid which is frustrating, we have talked about "In the past how things worked before law" talked about special events accounts which she is telling me wrong info, and wrong info on amex and keeps repeating herself and the law... I could scream

I'm like check, I just had increase like 4 months ago, NO PULL... she is like yes that is your store... NO I have not asked for my store to be increased in 3 years because it's $10,700!

How can you be manager or in credit and not know the banks policies and the credit law!!

It took me 3 times to get to a supervisor who knew what she was talking about. The other two were insisting that it was going to be a HP.

You know the craziest thing is? When you ahve to explai nthe credit analyst what a soft or a hard pull is and how it can affect your score. Incredible sometimes but hey bad apples exist everywhere.

Message 34 of 89
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called in on my store card.  My CL was $4,000 last year when they let you know what it was, and it is now given as $4,000 through their automated call-in system.

My last two CLI's (last year) were hard pulls.  I was told if I requested one today, it would be a hard pull.  He checked with a supervisor twice.  He then told me that was absolutely the only way they could do it.  Sigh.  At some point I might be willing to do that.  A hard pull for a CLI is not a deal buster.  But I'm not in the mood.

Congrats to CS on a great CLI with a soft pull.  Hope many others are able to do the same.  Smiley Tongue

My last year CLI was a HP and is still on my EX report. But it's 13 months old now. The sucky part is that even though it doesnt count in the FICO scoring, creditors can still see them and make decisions based on them.

I say if something stop being factored in the FICO formula calculation just plain get it off the report !!

Message 35 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It took me 3 times to get to a supervisor who knew what she was talking about. The other two were insisting that it was going to be a HP.

You know the craziest thing is? When you ahve to explai nthe credit analyst what a soft or a hard pull is and how it can affect your score. Incredible sometimes but hey bad apples exist everywhere.

Yes it was a real Gem for the 1st Supervisor to try to explain to me that My Macy's Store Card was a different account then My Macys Amex... and then even went further to tell me no hard pull was done to open up my furniture line of credit because they pull that line of credit from the Store Card.... UMMM, NO!!

Message 36 of 89
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes it was a real Gem for the 1st Supervisor to try to explain to me that My Macy's Store Card was a different account then My Macys Amex... and then even went further to tell me no hard pull was done to open up my furniture line of credit because they pull that line of credit from the Store Card.... UMMM, NO!!

Sir, I have been here 10 years and from my expertise in the credit department, a FICO is just a combination score from all 3 credit bureau.

Me: NO each credit bureau has their own FICO

Supervisor: No Sir that's not correct. You have the credit bureau and FICO is a combination of all 3 together that forms your FICO score

Me : WINNING !!!!!!!!

I'm not even making the above up, true story from my first supervisor experience with Macys yesterday.

Message 37 of 89
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

I think its time to start recording your conversations with them.. When they say "We may record your call" (or something to that extent) say, Well, I'm recording it.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 38 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Sir, I have been here 10 years and from my expertise in the credit department, a FICO is just a combination score from all 3 credit bureau.

Me: NO each credit bureau has their own FICO

Supervisor: No Sir that's not correct. You have the credit bureau and FICO is a combination of all 3 together that forms your FICO score

Me : WINNING !!!!!!!!

I'm not even making the above up, true story from my first supervisor experience with Macys yesterday.

WOW... I mean I don't think I would be able to remain calm if an underwriter said such a thing.  Why do I need a Business Degree to be qualified to underwrite credit... clearly it didn't help that person! It the sad and worry some part is it happen ALL to often!

If this was going to be my career I would not only learn the banks policies that I was hired with but I would learn credit report information, the new law, etc.  Why are they getting like no classes on that, I can picture the tranning (probably just like retail and regular customer service over phone (1 day to learn the computer system, 1 day to learn customer service over the phone and 1 day to find resources about policies for stuff in the company and boom out on the floor listening for 1 day and the next day on your own taking life calls!!!

Message 39 of 89
CS800
Super Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

I think its time to start recording your conversations with them.. When they say "We may record your call" (or something to that extent) say, Well, I'm recording it.

+ 1 lol

Some of the absurdity I have heard in dealing with some customer service made me both mad and laugh.

Message 40 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.