Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Rewards Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Rewards Application

So it was denied because of the 5/24 rule. Apparently retail cards count towards that. She wasn't very helpful. Should I call back or let it go?
Message 11 of 22
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So it was denied because of the 5/24 rule. Apparently retail cards count towards that. She wasn't very helpful. Should I call back or let it go?

Well… the statement could be made that you already took the HP so there’s no harm in calling again. As for the 5/24 rule I’ve read that a few people have been able to get past it. Maybe you could be one of those few?

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called twice. The 2nd guy was off. I told him I was under the impression that Chase didn't count retail cards towards the 5/24 rule. He said no such rule existed at all. Then he said the retail cards do count *eye roll*. In my head I thought, you said there was no rule lol. After we reviewed the accounts he asked me if there was anything else he could help me with, I said not unless you can help me get around this rule. The he promptly bid me farewell.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I called twice. The 2nd guy was off. I told him I was under the impression that Chase didn't count retail cards towards the 5/24 rule. He said no such rule existed at all. Then he said the retail cards do count *eye roll*. In my head I thought, you said there was no rule lol. After we reviewed the accounts he asked me if there was anything else he could help me with, I said not unless you can help me get around this rule. The he promptly bid me farewell.

That is odd.  I'm quite certain I was over 5/24 if retail cards counted when I was approved earlier this year.  I had to talk my way passed a large CO and was able to get approved via recon for the Marriott.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called again!

I got approved for my CSP on third recon at 3 yrs post ch7.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called 4 times. Like Ana told Elsa, "Let it go,let it go".....they have all said recon is a no-go and that they did exclude the retail cards. That makes no sense because then I am at 4/24. *shrugs*
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man! Sorry to hear that.

Message 17 of 22
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

This is definitely one card I want once I get past the 5/24 rule.  Probably in a few years since I apped quite a bit past year.  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have called 4 times. Like Ana told Elsa, "Let it go,let it go".....they have all said recon is a no-go and that they did exclude the retail cards. That makes no sense because then I am at 4/24. *shrugs*

Need some data points!

Which retail cards?  How many/24 total including retail cards?

I am currently at 4/24 bankcards but 6/24 with storecards included.  Hoping to get a CSP/CSR in the next 6 months but won't be under 5/24 for a long time, like 5/19 or 6/19 yeesh.

Message 19 of 22
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Need some data points!

Which retail cards?  How many/24 total including retail cards?

I am currently at 4/24 bankcards but 6/24 with storecards included.  Hoping to get a CSP/CSR in the next 6 months but won't be under 5/24 for a long time, like 5/19 or 6/19 yeesh.

By the time you're ready hopefully they'll have that 100K bonus again.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.