Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Card

tag
azfitz11
New Contributor

Marvel Card

Ok, applied and was approved for the Marvel MC. But, not given what the SL would be, is this normal?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Marvel Card

Yes its normal.
Message 2 of 11
azfitz11
New Contributor

Just seems so weird to me.

Message 3 of 11
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Yes. That's normal. Which one did you choose for your design? Smiley Happy
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 4 of 11
azfitz11
New Contributor

The one with the Avengers. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call and get your limit, that's what I did when I was approved. Of course, it only gave me my temp limit of 1k, but when it hit my credit report it showed the real limit. Once I received the card and activated, it showed my real limited on line and on the automated system. 

Message 6 of 11
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Initially usually they set a temporary limit of 1k then after you activate it goes to the amount they approved you for. It will hit your credit report in a couple of days and you'll likely know the limit by looking at your report or just waiting for the card. When i did mine over the phone they told me i was approved and the amount the approval was for. my limit is 1500. i'll try for an increase at 4-6 months. i have a paypal extras mc with them also for 8k and it started off below 1k. i've gotten 2 increases on the paypal master card. synchrony bank usually works with you and they are good with increases. but their interest rate is too high for carrying a balance.

Message 7 of 11
azfitz11
New Contributor

Thanks justagirl73 and jtw34240. I will check out credit report in a couple days. 

Message 8 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I got this card the other day too.  I got a $1,000 temporary limit and asked why it was so low.  They told me the temporary limit would be increased when I activated my card.  I asked why couldn't they just tell me now?  They put me on hold and told me $4,000.  I asked to speak with credit solutions and get the limit increased, I got transferred to underwriting.  They could not increase my limit, but I also think it was just really customer service and not credit solutions, as the representative spoke perfect English.  In the past when I spoke with credit solutions they did not speak perfect English and the service was better.....

Have you ever noticed that some banks who send your call overseas do so so that you get frustrated?  But then if you can get them to transfer you to someone in the US the service is better, maybe not great, but better?  Do you ever get the feeling the opposite is true with Sychrony?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I chose Spidey, but now I am thinking I want Ironman.  Do they let you change?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.