Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Cap1 Luv!

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

More Cap1 Luv!

Since I can't apply for a new card right now, I applied for a CLI last month and was denied (apparntly because if was just short of 6 months from my first CLI) so I hit the request button again tonight and got another $2,000!

Still have a ways to go but finally up to $5,750 for Cap1

Hoping to see a CLI for my 3 month date with my Discover card, which is only at $2,000

But I am happy!Smiley Happy

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More Cap1 Luv!

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Since I can't apply for a new card right now, I applied for a CLI last month and was denied (apparntly because if was just short of 6 months from my first CLI) so I hit the request button again tonight and got another $2,000!

Hoping to see a CLI for my 3 month date with my Discover card, which is only at $2,000

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 20
drboxing
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Congrats

Message 4 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 20
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

You just did the online automated process again, having just been denied?  Didn't call and ask for a reconsider or anything?

I just got denied for my CLI increase, which was disappointed, especially since I DID (intentionally) wait for the 6 months since my last increase time period to be up!  My scores are comparable to yours (675-699) and my income is over $200k and my debt-to-income, time on the job -- everything else is excellent.  I guess it's that CapOne is already my highest CL and they don't want to increase it any further?

I didn't know you could just do the online request over and over . . .

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 7 of 20
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Was your 2nd try at it AFTER you did hit the 6 month mark?

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 8 of 20
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

Was your 2nd try at it AFTER you did hit the 6 month mark?

My first try was a week before 6 months from my first CLI.  I had gotten a $3,000 increase with my first successful request.  So I waited until after the 6 month date and tried again. I guess since it was 6 months after that date was why I was denied the first time vs the second request.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 9 of 20
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

You just did the online automated process again, having just been denied?  Didn't call and ask for a reconsider or anything?

I just got denied for my CLI increase, which was disappointed, especially since I DID (intentionally) wait for the 6 months since my last increase time period to be up!  My scores are comparable to yours (675-699) and my income is over $200k and my debt-to-income, time on the job -- everything else is excellent.  I guess it's that CapOne is already my highest CL and they don't want to increase it any further?

I didn't know you could just do the online request over and over . . .

Pigeye

Did you wait 6 months between each CLI?  I did call the CS # on the back of the card to ask about the denial but actually the main reason for my call was to PC from Platium to QS card, which they did do for me with no problem.

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.