Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 8th and final app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 8th and final app

Fico family I need some insight and opinions. 

I have the following cards currently in my sig and will be adding a 7th in the lineup which will be the Chase Saphirre Pref.

For the 8th card, I was thinking of either  1) Capital One Quicksilver, ( cash back, good service for my parents so far and good on automatic Cls) 

2) Wells Fargo Cash back (  Do I really need a relationship before I app? Like a savings or checkings, if so how long does it need to be established for?)

3) US Bank Cash+ ( I heard app by phone now, and the rewards are decent)

4) Sallie Mae ( Just for rewards)

Would like for some suggestions / opinions to help me choose one before 2015. 

Current scores : All 3 range 720 - 750 Fico. 11 Months Credit History. All PIF, no BK's, 1 auto loan.

Would like my cards to enter the garden the same Year, I am picky Smiley Happy 

Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: My 8th and final app

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the following cards currently in my sig and will be adding a 7th in the lineup which will be the Chase Saphirre Pref.

For the 8th card, I was thinking of either  1) Capital One Quicksilver, ( cash back, good service for my parents so far and good on automatic Cls) 

2) Wells Fargo Cash back (  Do I really need a relationship before I app? Like a savings or checkings, if so how long does it need to be established for?)

Current scores : All 3 range 720 - 750 Fico. 11 Months Credit History. All PIF, no BK's, 1 auto loan.

Thanks guys.

You have the Citi DC so Cap One Won't be better in terms of rewards. 

I'd recommend 1) Sallie Mae and then 2) Cash+

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For your situation,

Sallie Mae > US Bank Cash+ >>>>>>>>>>>> Quicksilver (since you have the Double Cash) >>> WF (none of WF's credit cards are good. They are all outclassed by something better, and this is coming from someone who has a WF credit card.

And in my opinion for general situations, 

Double Cash >= Sallie Mae > US Bank Cash+ (since restaurants were nerfed) >>> any other no annual fee card.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need a relationship with Wells Fargo to open a CL with them?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely go for Sallie Mae!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys.

You have the Citi DC so Cap One Won't be better in terms of rewards. 

I'd recommend 1) Sallie Mae and then 2) Cash+

+1

Message 6 of 12
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

SALLIE MAE!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells really doesn't have anything special.  I app'd for the Wells Propel (not sure why).  Was declined for no banking relationship.  First time I have ever been denied credit.  Still can't believe it.  YMMV

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreRewards wrote:
SALLIE MAE!

+1

Message 9 of 12
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

If you get a WF offer for 5% groceries, gas, drugstore for 6 months I think that's a great deal. But I shop at Walmart a lot and annex doesn't count them as a store. .. so for me that will be a significant amount of rewards the next 6 months. Otherwise I don't think they are worth it.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.