Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Public Profile....?

tag
jbhems503
New Contributor

My Public Profile....?

Hey guys, quick question.. Well, maybe not SO quick. When I applied with Amex back in March (and recently with Barclaycard for the Apple Rewards to get 18 months no interest for a new Macbook Pro, and mind you, I already have an account with Barclay and it's in good standing, has been for years), Amex said that they had to have a three way conversation between me, them, and my bank to verify my information including my home address. My home/physical address plus my phone number that I've had for several years that all the other credit card companies have wouldn't work for them for verifying me in their system, they said it wasn't on my 'public profile'. So, fast forward to this past week, when I applied for the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards, I had to mail them my Social Security card, Drivers License, and bank statement. Is there a way I can look up this supposed 'profile' to see if there's some incorrect information about me? This didn't use to be a problem, until now.

Thanks for any help guys, have a great one!

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: My Public Profile....?

Pull your credit report from all three CRAs. Make sure the information is correct and current and call each CRA if corrections / additions are needed

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have an old account that is closed posting an old address.  I have that problem with Equifax and need to fix it. Always have verify address  info with them by mail.

Message 3 of 4
jbhems503
New Contributor

Shouldn't they be looking at the addresses being reported on the open accounts as well though? I mean, it's a bit ridiculous. Never had this issue until a couple of months ago.

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.