Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Quest to Obtain the JP Morgan Reserve [UPDATE PG.2]

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE: My Quest to Obtain the JP Morgan Reserve Card [UPDATES INCOMING]

@android01 wrote:

I'm lucky I held on to my JPM Select card.  I have no relationships with Chase other than having three of their credit cards.  When I applied for the C$R, for which I was approved, I called to PC my CSP to a Freedom Unlimited to maximize UR points.  It's a good combo with the C$R.  The guy I was talking with on the phone noticed that I had a JPM Select, and that Chase was discontinuing this card.  He them asked if I'd like to PC it to the new JPM Reserve.  I said "sure, why not".  He read the terms and conditions over the phone, and a new JPM Reserve was on my doorstep in two days. 

Good for you.

Great efforts from OP. But this card is not on my radar. It won't get fully utilized anyway. Same with Centurion, etc.

Good luck.

Message 21 of 46
Jlu
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I'm lucky I held on to my JPM Select card.  I have no relationships with Chase other than having three of their credit cards.  When I applied for the C$R, for which I was approved, I called to PC my CSP to a Freedom Unlimited to maximize UR points.  It's a good combo with the C$R.  The guy I was talking with on the phone noticed that I had a JPM Select, and that Chase was discontinuing this card.  He them asked if I'd like to PC it to the new JPM Reserve.  I said "sure, why not".  He read the terms and conditions over the phone, and a new JPM Reserve was on my doorstep in two days. 

Well that rustles my jimmies. They sent me this letter not long ago. No mention of the option to transfer to the Reserve:

IMG_0993.JPGIMG_0992.JPG

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 22 of 46
android01
Valued Contributor

Do you still have the JPM Select?  I'd call right away and try to PC it to the JPM Reserve.....Smiley Surprised  That may have been your answer all along.  Hopefully they haven't sent you a new CSP yet.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 23 of 46
android01
Valued Contributor

I got that letter in the mail as well.  I had PC'd my JPM Select a couple months ago.  I wonder if they'll still send me a CSP too.  Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 46
newhis
Valued Contributor

+1

I remember 2 months ago people said that they call after getting the letter and were able to get the JP Reserve.

OP, I hope is not too late for you to PC your JP card. Good luck.

Message 25 of 46
android01
Valued Contributor

OP, any update?  Did you call Chase?  Just curious. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 26 of 46
Jlu
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Nothing yet, been checking 888-338-2586 daily. If this fails I'll give up and look to get the Ritz when sign-up offer is better. Will update at the end of the week at which point I'll know. Seems kind of wierd to think I've faxed all my personal information to some random number I got from a CPC rep.. lol

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 27 of 46
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Message 28 of 46
android01
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Nothing yet, been checking 888-338-2586 daily. If this fails I'll give up and look to get the Ritz when sign-up offer is better. Will update at the end of the week at which point I'll know. Seems kind of wierd to think I've faxed all my personal information to some random number I got from a CPC rep.. lol

If you have a JPM Select, you should literally just be able to call them and ask to PC to the JPM Reserve, provided you do it before they do it for you to the CSP as your letter stated.  There is no sign up offer when you PC.  If you are looking for sign up bonuses on any of the cards, including the Ritz, you'll have to apply for it rather than PC it from something else.  Maybe I'm missing something here....

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get approved for the card?  I have the application almost all filled out. :-)   I would really appreciate knowing the numbers to put on the bottom of the app and the fax number to send it to 

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.