Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My goal card finally obtained

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: My goal card finally obtained

@Repo-ed wrote:

I've always wanted a Chase SWA Siggy Visa, but could never get ANY chase product due to my baddies.

Sure, I've had all of the Amex cards now w/ 10k limits and/or NPSL across Zync, Green, Gold PRG, and Plat.  I was happy to get those, but I wanted what I couldn't have due to having bad marks on my CRs...SWA from Chase.

That changed today:

Both SWA and CSP instantly approved w/ 9k CL each to join my already approved Chase Freedom card from a few weeks ago with a 7.5k CL.

Great rebuild there bud.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats!! Chase has been very nice lately
Message 12 of 22
DueDilligence
Contributor

Congrats, I know you feel like the Man..... I hope your still glowing cheers....

Message 13 of 22
DueDilligence
Contributor

Derogs are still holding you back from that long of a time ago?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! The card may be on my radar for next year. Fly SW because its the only carrier in our regional airport (MHT) that seems to fly non-stop to the only place we go, Orlando.

Message 15 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I fly Southwest quite a bit so the rewards works very well for me.  I've gotten at least 10 free flights so far (including 50,000 bonus offer).

It's a good card if you fly Southwest alot and that 50,000 bonus really gets stretched farther if you use the "Wanna Get Away" fares.

I traveled every weekend between Tampa/nashville last year from the 1st weekend of sept to the 1 weekend this year on 50k swa miles and 40k US Airways dividened miles.

The wanna get away, is where it's at for sure!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@kaverbuck wrote:

Thats funny because I can get CLIs with Chase no problem but AMEX will NOT approve me with collections that were paid 4 years ago. I don't now how to get an Amex card but Chase sure loves me and I love them too. Waiting to hear back about US Bank and Citi cards this week. 

I had to send a GW letter to Amex, so they would remove a collection.  That was pretty much the catalyst.  Though I had a few other baddies and HUGE repo...Amex took me back, and everything has been snowballing since.

Message 17 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I've always wanted a Chase SWA Siggy Visa, but could never get ANY chase product due to my baddies.

Sure, I've had all of the Amex cards now w/ 10k limits and/or NPSL across Zync, Green, Gold PRG, and Plat.  I was happy to get those, but I wanted what I couldn't have due to having bad marks on my CRs...SWA from Chase.

That changed today:

Both SWA and CSP instantly approved w/ 9k CL each to join my already approved Chase Freedom card from a few weeks ago with a 7.5k CL.

Great rebuild there bud.

Honestly never saw the light at the end of the tunnel. 7 years and 2 monhs...

Message 18 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@DueDilligence wrote:

Congrats, I know you feel like the Man..... I hope your still glowing cheers....

I keep thinking I'll get denied, but no longer do my CRs contain info that would really give anyone a reason too.

Message 19 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@DueDilligence wrote:

Derogs are still holding you back from that long of a time ago?

My last Derog fell off this past November...my repo.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.