cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious AMEX 60 Day CLI

tag
matopek

Mysterious AMEX 60 Day CLI

I was recently eligible to use the 60 day CLI trick on my Amex Blue card (2K->6K). I waited the required number of days (61) from account opening according to what it said on the credit report. I jumped the gun a couple hours too soon due to timezone differences and got the standard "bank policy only allows a credit increase after 60 days or blah blah blah".

So I waited until the next morning and tried again over the phone. This time the computer spit out "We can not approve your request at this time, additional information is required"....hmm. I tried to access the status of my application via the email link they sent me, and it seemed to not even exist. I tried the increase the next day online and got a 7-10 response.

I waited over 7 days and received no email or postal mail regarding the CLI request(s), so I figured why not...try again. Called up on the phone to request the 60 day CLI for the 4th time and was instantly approved for the full amount.

Any ideas? Should I be worried? Or maybe their system was broken.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Mysterious AMEX 60 Day CLI

@matopek wrote:

I was recently eligible to use the 60 day CLI trick on my Amex Blue card (2K->6K). I waited the required number of days (61) from account opening according to what it said on the credit report. I jumped the gun a couple hours too soon due to timezone differences and got the standard "bank policy only allows a credit increase after 60 days or blah blah blah".

So I waited until the next morning and tried again over the phone. This time the computer spit out "We can not approve your request at this time, additional information is required"....hmm. I tried to access the status of my application via the email link they sent me, and it seemed to not even exist. I tried the increase the next day online and got a 7-10 response.

I waited over 7 days and received no email or postal mail regarding the CLI request(s), so I figured why not...try again. Called up on the phone to request the 60 day CLI for the 4th time and was instantly approved for the full amount.

Any ideas? Should I be worried? Or maybe their system was broken.

Hint Hint call us Lol (highlighted section)

That's what they meant the first time Lol

Then you went online and tried again...Buzz wrong answer Lol

Called next ....We have a winner Lol

Congrats Amex is wonderful with the 3X CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

If you got the CLI, don't worry about it.
Their systems might just be having issues that day pulling up a copy of your CR (sp) or something.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
matopek

Yeah it really makes no sense at all...considering all requests were through the automated systems.

So I suppose if Amex ever turns you down, don't take no for an answer. Hammer the system until it gives in! hah.

Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

I wouldn't recommend "hammering" the system either though. That can result in FR because to the system it may just seem like you are desperate for credit, even though you may just be having technical difficulties with the system.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
matopek

Interestingly enough, I finally got a letter in the mail today asking me to send documentation for them to process request (4506T I believe). Letter was dated a week ago.

Safe to ignore since I was finally approved anyway?

Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

I would guess its safe to ignore, since ignoring it means you basically are withdrawing the cli request that you already got. You could call in to verify though.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.