Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Declined! What The--???

tag
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

NASA Declined! What The--???

Okay, Fico 08 screwed me again!

Dropped my score another 7 points for paying off a $7000.00 student loan. I woke up this morning to a 724 from a 731.

And if you think I'm being a little ridiculous, it started at 751 and dropped over 13 ppoints because I paid off my Discover balance. So I decided to app for NASA this morning even though I was SEVERELY pissed off.

To add insult to injury, NASA declined my credit card application!

Get this kids.

My Profile:

Fico 724

1 car loan ($15,000)

No lates in over 7 years

Income: $85,000

No Ex inquiries

I give UP!!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Re: NASA Declined! What The--???

That just doesn't make sense, I'm at a loss for words. Sorry to hear that.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 2 of 16
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

They just seem to be in a decline kind of mood

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It happens OP. What reasons did they list for being declined?
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is up with NASA??!!  They really are like Goldilocks -- this file is too thick, this file is too thin...  Makes absolutely no sense.  And, my god they are slow and their website feels like I'm back in the 60's.  I am going to nurse and nurture my membership account because I am determined to get that stupid shuttle card, but I'm not sure what it's going to take if they are rejecting applications like yours.   

Message 5 of 16
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

They didn't give any reason yet. They said they'll let me know by snail mail. I just can't get believe this day.

It's been one thing after another. And Fico 8 seems determined to keep screwing me! I'm actually getting afraid to pay my bills! I might wake up with a 520!

Oh and btw, the only balance I am carrying is $670 on a Discover card out of $67,100 available credit.

So, I just don't know...

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

strange.. when i pay my cards my scores go up .

Message 7 of 16
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about denial. Congrats on paying off student loan though. FICO likes to see at least 2 installments loans in your profile. That may be the reason for your slight score drop.

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Journeygod wrote:

They didn't give any reason yet. They said they'll let me know by snail mail. I just can't get believe this day.

It's been one thing after another. And Fico 8 seems determined to keep screwing me! I'm actually getting afraid to pay my bills! I might wake up with a 520!

Oh and btw, the only balance I am carrying is $670 on a Discover card out of $67,100 available credit.

So, I just don't know...

If you don't want to wait for the letter in mail, you can log into the NASA portal where you submitted the application.  You can check the status, then on to the right, bottom corner, click on the document icon under Actions/View Loan.  That should bring up the reasons for the decline.

NASA Status.jpg

Message 9 of 16
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

Thanks Fin Star. I'll keep you guys posted.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.