Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU preapproval

tag
wfen
Established Member

NASA FCU preapproval

I just got a preapproval for the NASA platinum advantage rewards card in the mail today.  I see plenty of people applying cold but very few with a mailed offer.  Does anyone have thoughts?  The offer is 7.99 BT's for life no fee and 9.99 on purchases.  Really thinking about getting it.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NASA FCU preapproval

@wfen wrote:

I just got a preapproval for the NASA platinum advantage rewards card in the mail today.  I see plenty of people applying cold but very few with a mailed offer.  Does anyone have thoughts?  The offer is 7.99 BT's for life no fee and 9.99 on purchases.  Really thinking about getting it.  Thanks.

I'd take it if you interested in another card.  Probably get a very CL as well that nice APR.  Having a diversified credit portfolio with several CUs as well regular bank cards is a wise move in my opinion.  My card should arrive tomorrow.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Were you a member already and just didn't apply for a credit product?  I applied and denied, but they soft pull be every so often as I think they want to offer me something or why else would they be doing this?Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
wfen
Established Member

I am not currently a member.  The mailed application states that if I apply for the credit card and it is approved than I will be required to establish a membership.  I let everyone know if I apply.  I always mull over applications for while before applying.  

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Save yourself a hard pull and apply for membership first, then if approved apply for the card.
Message 5 of 6
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Take that offer! But get membership first 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.