Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA "instant denial" :(

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

NASA "instant denial" :(

I was reading about the great limits people were getting on NASA cc so I applied for membership, open a savings acct and all and then I app'd for their rewards card and got an "instant denial" due to "temporary Residence" 

does anyone know how difficult it is to recon with them??

thanks

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: NASA "instant denial" :(

As far as the denial reason, can you elaborate on what "temporary residence" means

@salek10 wrote:

I was reading about the great limits people were getting on NASA cc so I applied for membership, open a savings acct and all and then I app'd for their rewards card and got an "instant denial" due to "temporary Residence" 

thanks

?

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 2 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@USC08 wrote:

As far as the denial reason, can you elaborate on what "temporary residence" means

@salek10 wrote:

thanks

?

I've been denied too.

I didn't get an instant reason, was asked to wait for the official letter. 

Maybe they only offer credit to US persons, permanent residents or citizens? People on H1 / F1 / L1 type visas are not eligible? 

I'll wait till I get my letter but that may be it.

Message 3 of 9
salek10
Regular Contributor

@USC08 wrote:

@salek10 wrote:

thanks

?

I have no idea what that means... i guess i have to wait for the letter

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

Message 4 of 9
salek10
Regular Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@USC08 wrote:

@salek10 wrote:

thanks

?

I've been denied too.

I didn't get an instant reason, was asked to wait for the official letter. 

Maybe they only offer credit to US persons, permanent residents or citizens? People on H1 / F1 / L1 type visas are not eligible? 

I'll wait till I get my letter but that may be it.

Idk, I'll have to wait and see what's up as well

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

instant denial is better than being approved for 20k and then taken away after. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First, sorry for the denial, that stinksSmiley Sad second.... Are you in between homes, staying with relatives?? Nothing that shows you could prove your housing like a utility bill they could ask for?? I'd recon this right away!! Send a secure message, or call and ask to be transferred to the cc lending/ approval department for verification. Hope not gets figured out!!!
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@salek10 wrote:

thanks

AFAIK, it's a very tedious and difficult process with not nuch of a success rate.  The lending committe meets infrequently during each week to review reconsideration requests and the process can take anywhere from 3-4+ weeks (usually tend to stick by their original decision unless something significant changed).  I recall reading someone who was a resident alien was not approved so I'm not sure what the exact criteria is taken into consideration from that perspective.

Message 8 of 9
salek10
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the quick responses... I will recon it, I got a message from them with a link to the place I'm supposed to email my recon papers.... I'll let you guys know what they say

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.